Translate

Saturday, April 8, 2017

surrealism

some days you have to just take as if they are only partially real.  you can't put a lot of stock into them as far as their validity, because they have very little.  they are surreal, at best.  but when you do get a chance to look back on them, there are still the lessons that had to be learned, and the changes that will need to be made as a result.  that's what the Journey is all about, after all.

i got sleep, but not deep, restful sleep as i was hoping.  the video was okay, just couldn't get all the way under.  i don't know why.  but i prayed, though i didn't do my readings.  and i got some clothes on, as i knew i was going to get moving soon after i got up.  Rachel had texted me good morning, and we'd spoken early and throughout the day.  she's dealing with stuff still, and she tries so hard to remain cordial.  it's not easy for her, and i'm not going to try to personalize things.  she's not being mean, just focused on other things, and that's how it should be when you've got problems you're wrestling with.

personally, i got up and i got to the store and got some breakfast stuff.  i'd decided on friday i wasn't cooking dinner today.  i have no problem with the cooking, since i'm here.  but i want them, my mom especially, to still be able to fend for herself when she has to.  and i want my dad to eat more.  he got a tiny, leftover piece of chicken yesterday, skipping the plate that was in the microwave for him.  so i fixed breakfast for us.  put his in the microwave.  got the dishes washed.  i didn't have a lot of detail stuff that i was doing, just stuff.  i took my cousin's son to work.  i finished my paperwork for Amazon.  i did some logistics for bringing my own computer system over here to do my job on, and the likelihood of setting up Z-Phyles in the basement here, which would allow me to stay close to my parents on my work days.  i took TF to see a car which she ended up buying, though i don't know that i honestly would have.  but she needs a vehicle and it did run and it functioned mostly.  i talked to Lonnie a couple times.  i saw my brother and my sister.  i talked to someone at Aldi's and got a suggestion for Syd to put her app in online and the person i talked to would see to it being pulled.

that's the surrealism, a big part of it anyway.  i feel as if i've accomplished nothing.  looking at it, i did way more than i'd planned on.  it's not good, but it will do for now.  i'm going to have to get some rest, but i have pies in the oven.  i'm grilling tomorrow.  i'm going to the Hall if i can, to my meeting as well.  i'm going to get ready for Ravenna monday.  i am grateful, because i see my dad trying to let go, i see my mom trying to let go.  i see things balancing out.  i am not the reason for that balance; that belongs to God.  but i am a part of the balancing, and i am blessed and honored by that.  i'm going to shut this down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment