Translate

Saturday, April 29, 2017

changing frames

i didn't do a whole lot today.  being saturday, that's all right.  but what i did was good for me.  i did get some good rest, sleeping later than usual.  i did pray, i don't think i read my meditations though.  i did have a better reading and take my meds and insulin.  i did have a responsible breakfast.  i did talk to my parents.  i did do some writing on the first draft of King Percival.  I did talk to Syd and my brother and Rachel and Lonnie today.  i did most of my prep for dinner tomorrow.  i did decide that i was going to attempt to honor Rachel for her birthday, though likely it won't be on Friday, as i'll have to work that day.  i did feel pretty good, up until this evening.  at the moment, my ankles are both in pain, and i have been fighting with my phone company about my phone dropping calls and acting fucked up.  but that's minor.

i know my parents are old.  hell, i'm almost old, and almost is likely an affectation.  on a daily basis, more things hurt on me.  shoulders, knees, ankles.  moving slow is about the only speed i can manage now.  the years of carrying all this weight is having it's toll with a vengeance now.  and i'm just 49.  my parents are both headed toward 80.  my dad is still active in his recovery community, such as it is.  my mom continues staying in contact with all the people she checks on every day.  i have a chance to tend to them, as they tended to me for so many years.  i think about what Lonnie said, that they have their routine, and while i'm helping, i'm the disruption.  it's a fascinating concept, a beneficial disruption.  but it tempers my complaining.

tomorrow, the full deal.  prayer and reading.  maybe a walk before breakfast.  my meeting, at the very least.  the Hall, if my mother is up to id.  on the menu, grilled glazed turkey (if i can manufacture a proper glaze), dirty rice and greens.  i'm thinking we're going to eat pretty good.  i'm thinking it's going to be a nice day.  and i'm thinking i'm grateful that despite my discomfort, i am alive, i am sober and i am through another day.  Thank you, Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment