Translate

Saturday, March 4, 2017

winding down...

it is 9 in the evening. i am laying in a bed in my son's apartment.  he and his girl are at work.  they work at the same restaurant, and they'll be in later.  i should have time to spend with him tomorrow.  i have no major plans.

today went okay, but i am going to have to see about the car's suspension, the brakes at the very least.  she's sturdy, but to be sixteen years old she's going to need care, and a more delicate life wouldn't hurt and hasn't.  but the time for delicacy has passed, sadly.

i left my friend's house and came to DeJa's this morning.  i went to McD's for breakfast, and i brought coffee with me.  Sophie, DeJa's girlfriend, came down about an hour or so after i came in, and we talked.  i did not pry into things of which i may have some awareness.  people will tell you what they want you to know.  we just spoke of general things, and she went to get us both some coffee.  she offered to make me some breakfast but i declined, as i'd already eaten.

i was also aware that Syd had told her mom that i was here.  that indicates more than anything that Syd is worried about me.  but it's not an issue.  i'm changing my itinerary.  it may be more helpful to Syd to feel like she is looking after me.  i'll probably run into her mother tomorrow.  she asked me if i wanted to go to a CA meeting, but i'm not here for that.

i went to two businesses today.  one was Zawadi Books on Mt. Vernon, where i met a woman named Spanky and got a number to call the owner about carrying my books.  i gave her a business card with my info on it as well.  then i went to Black Arts Plus, a store that's been on Parsons for a long time.  just up from downtown, it is a store that carries many African American prints, various pictures of iconic individuals, as well as some African-styled carvings and paintings.  a very old shop, a very comforting spirit.  i met a girl from Akron who comes to Columbus to work there, and i did a poem for her and gave her a card.  she said she will 'friend' me on Facebook and she'll plug me in as best as she can in Akron.  that would be really cool.
i went to the Battisse Galleria but couldn't bring myself to go in.  i'll have to get there, perhaps tomorrow.  thing is, i'm still kind of salty with the proprietress.  she said 'Let me do your book signing', insisted upon it, and then just faded on me.  she said 'I want you to edit my book', and then faded on me.  so for someone to pretend they're worried about you, then to renege on aiding you in bettering your position...something is suspect in that to me.  it's not enough for me to cancel our friendship cards, but it enough to make me watch and be more attentive to details i may have missed in my previous enthusiasm. everyone has a story to tell.

i went to Wendy's for dinner, which sucks.  i was going to cook something, but there are eggs and vegetables, and that is what i had for lunch.  so i left it alone.  i've been listening to music, watched Blazing Saddles on Netflix, and i'm about to try to get to sleep.

i wish Rachel were here.  at the same time, i don't.  life can be complicated

my feet are trying to cramp up on me.  think i need to make sure i drink more water on this journey.

Thank you, Father, for bringing me through this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment