Translate

Friday, March 24, 2017

coming back

i posted a bit of a rant earlier, just something i was thinking about as i started my day.  now i am going to log the doings of this day, get myself settled in for a movie and get ready to put it down for the night.
couple things i learned along the way, and that always makes me happy, to know that i am capable of learning and changing.
i got up and started well.  said my prayer, turned off the alarm before it rang, read my books, gathered up my clothes and went downstairs.  i put a load in the wash, took my glucose reading and made my coffee and got water.  i had my clothes in the dryer before i went to the gym.
this was a weight day, so i didn't come in paying attention to the girl  on the tradmill, but i noticed she was on the 2nd one, not the one i usually get on.  it made me think about my thoughts from yesterday.  are we as unobserved as we think we are; are we as pre-judged as we sometimes feel?  she was on the alt-treadmill.  i kept it moving to the butterfly press machine.  a guy whose name i dont' know said "Hello, Tim", as he has before.  i spoke to him and realized i have no idea what his name is.  that lead to my introspection.  i rail against the silent people who seem to want to ignore me and leave me culled from the herd.  i don't speak on someone kind enough to know and remember my name, who i don't even bother to know who he is.  it doesn't mean my conclusions are erroneous; it means i have to check myself still, that never ends.  and i have to do better, which i hope i started by asking the woman about her headphones and starting a conversation with her.

i went to counseling today, went to take pictures at an abandoned business on Andrews, as well as in Wick and Crandall parks.  i got stuff for the house.  i paid my phone bill.  i took my aunt to the ER for her back.  i made CD's for my brother's friend.  saw Syd for a minute.  had lunch and dinner.  cooked for the house.  now i'm going to go to sleep, and i'm going to hope that the day begins well and that i remember my gratitude for all the blessings that have come my way.  i am grateful, God has blessed me, and i am sleepy and must end this now.  good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment