Translate

Friday, July 1, 2016

unconstructive happy day

well, this has been a good day, in a 'not getting nearly enough done' kind of way.  i have no real complaints about it.  i know it was the first, and that i have a lot of things to take care of in the next 36 hours, bur i still enjoyed this day from one end to the other.

to begin with, i got up, said my prayers but didn't go to the gym.  i was out of the loop almost from the word go.  i'd told SL that i'd go with her to try to find financing for her car, but i had counseling, i needed to get the rent paid at least, and to be honest i wasn't feeling like waiting for and fending off the request for either cash or a co-sign.  so i went to counseling, talked about a lot of stuff there, came home, called SL and told her to come by so i could at least feed her, then got her breakfast together.  i'd had an egg sandwich for my own breakfast, and after i fed her i told her that i was off in my schedule and would have to pass on riding for the car thing with her.  she left and i got my stuff in gear and went to pay my rent.

i spoke to Rachel on my way to doing that and asked what her plans were for the day.  she said she'd like to check out the massage cafe, and i told her i would come for her after i paid my rent.  talked to my landlord's father for a few, headed home to check something on the computer and went to pick up Rachel.

we went to the massage cafe after a store and getting her something to eat, and then we went to Gabriel's.  we went to sparkle market and got fish and zucchini for dinner and we went to my parents.  i introduced her to my mother and they talked for a bit and i talked to my dad.  then we came back here and i cooked and we talked and i shared some about my family growing up.  i took her home as she was having a gathering with her children, and i came home, cleaned up and shut it down  i need to walk in the morning, and i have a shitload of stuff to do.

i guess the cool thing is, though i have a bunch of stuff to do, i enjoyed the day as it was.  i didn't stress about not hitting the gym, knowing i can put in work tomorrow.  i love having with Rachel, love being around her and doing things together.  and i really enjoy just having time to myself when the day is through.  i can very much appreciate the calm these days, and the lack of stress and drama and worry.  i thank God for a peaceful day, and hope that i can stay on point if tomorrow is another day for me to serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment