Translate

Friday, December 1, 2017

self-evident

fortuitous, i am writing and so may as well log in and Journey this day.  I am going to declare that this has felt like a good day.  it has had its elements of sadness, of weariness, of resignation and even some obstinacy, but it was a good day and i am appreciative of such. 

when i got up this morning, my plan was not formed, and that's a great way to start the day, because that's the essence of acceptance.  i knew only that i had counseling.  so i said my prayers and got my coffee on and got coffee and water, and i read my bible and my meditation book and i took my medications and i came upstairs and put on music and danced.  as i danced, i thought it would be nice to dance with Rachel.  but to be fair, i think it would be nice to do just about anything with Rachel, but i also think it's pretty damn important to enjoy myself regardless.  so i danced and i got clean shorts and socks and a tee shirt and went to the bathroom upstairs and shaved and went downstairs and took a shower.  then i got dressed and went to BK to grab some breakfast and went to counseling, where i learned my counselor digs Frank Zappa and that's like Christmas in May, or something.  i don't really subscribe to either Christmas or May, to be honest, but it was a really cool thing to find.  and we talked, and i plumbed for some depth because i'm working on that, and i feel like i'm getting better at it. 

i went to my parent's house, and i chilled, waiting for packages and talking to my mom.  i was there for several hours and i made her a breakfast sandwich and eventually my TV remote came and i made my way back to the east side.  i stopped at the food truck and got lunch and i came home and watched some television and ate some chips. 

this is the part of the day where i'm working from the inside.  i've written some on my new story and i'll write some more shortly.  i'm listening to some alternative jazz-like music, just ambiance for the writing.  my stomach hurts again, and i'm still not sure why this evening discomfort keeps coming on me.  but what can i do?  it sure as hell ain't like i'm not growing accustomed to strange, recurring pain in my life.

i guess Syd is still in Austintown, today is Chris' birthday, and i'm going to write for another half an hour and work on this song.  long as i keep it moving forward, i'll get somewhere eventually, right?  I thank Jehovah for the blessing of this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment