Translate

Thursday, December 7, 2017

side effects and forward momentum

it has been a day.  so far, it has been a day, and it's a good day.  and i'm grateful, and i feel blessed.

its been a day because it's still the ride, up and down, and it seems to have no discernible stopping point.  but i got some things done today, and i feel good about them, and for that i am truly grateful.

when i got up this morning, it was another instance of the pain in my side waking me from sleep.  so, two-thirty or so is not a good time for self-analysis, even if you may once have been accustomed to that action at that time.  not with a pain flare up.  eventually, i found a position on my back that got me under for a little longer.  i didn't do the double meds last night, nor will i tonight, because i'm not going to drug myself past pain to get to sleep.  that is a very slippery slope, and it doesn't lead anywhere good.  (at the moment, the pain is abated enough that i'm laying on my stomach typing this, but that likely won't last long) 

it hurt so much when i was finally up that my prayer was very brief, just turning it over and saying thank you and forgive me.  but i did get upstairs, got my dancing in, got some writing done, changed my resume, laid the vocal for my song, i got my home straightened up, washed and dried a load of clothes and i spoke to the family.  i had breakfast, lunch and dinner.  i watched some television.  i read my scripture and my daily meditation on the phone.  i asked Syd to look into some online colleges for me, trying to include her in my processes.  i considered a shower today, grooming for tomorrow and doing some more recording, but i have a tendency, when i get a respite from discomfort and pain, to overdo it trying to compensate for my downtime.  today, i just chilled.  and i feel better for doing so. 

i've just turned my furnace up 2 degrees, from 75 to 77.  the world outside is covered with snow right now.  i've got another antibiotic to take and i'm going to take one flu med, cause i'm still catching some hell.  but i am going to do what i am able to do tomorrow to stay in the mix.  and i am going to thank my Father right now, for even the briefest cessation in pain.  it makes a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment