Translate

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

better days, in spite of

i started this entry last night, and tried to make my way upstairs to finish it, but that didn't happen as i thought it would.  the pain in my side was enough to keep me from doing any long term sitting.  i should have got back on here and did it but i didn't.  so i'm going to just basic jot at the moment, keep the flow going.

i started with the fact that sleep has been horrible, and it has been, last night, night before.  it starts with just trying to find some position where the pain is not too intense.  it continues when i awaken with sharp jolts of pain constantly flaring, or like last night, where the skin on my hip on the left side felt as if it had been doused with plasma.  then i just stay awoke and suffer for a bit.  i try to turn onto my back, which often offers some relief, but not much.  i get up, go to the living room, turn on some movie or something and either nod fitfully or watch sleepily.  this morning was mostly the latter, though i did crash out for a few.

i've had breakfast. said my prayers, did my readings, took my meds.  i did some prepping of veggies for next Monday's dinner.  i've talked to Lonnie and will be heading to the store shortly, get a couple cake pans and my other prescription.  i don't know what else today.  i had a sizeable breakfast and i am going to hold off for dinner, as my activity level has again dwindled to nothing.  i got to get back in motion, but when it hurts all the time, i have a tendency to just do what i have to do.  we'll see.  i am grateful for life, but i know i'm not grateful enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment