Translate

Friday, November 3, 2017

RE: formation (get it?)

...currently, I'm on the north side at my parent's house.  I've been here most of the day, and will be here until around 11 this evening.  it's only for the purpose of seeing them through their outing tonight, but it's a time of some reflection for me.  I'm not unhappy about it.  I'm really not.  I'm more content at the moment that I likely would have been had I not come here.  I guess it's because I've gotten some things done that were very necessary, got some things started that needed to begin, and I'll have some things in place that may just make the whole job hunting thing a better experience. 

Before I left home today, I checked my bank balance, as I always do on the 3rd of the month, that is when my disability comes in.  I saw that it was short money, and looking into it I found it was probably because I didn't reapply for Medicaid this past month. I didn't reapply because Sydney is grown and gone, and I have never one time received an 'approved' response for my own application for Medicaid.  but I imagine it is some bureaucratic thing, wherein they actually use some technical form of Medicaid to defray a part of my medical costs.  Regardless of the reason, the point is that I was far outside of my financial expectations.  And that means it's going to be a pretty tight month. 

But I didn't panic.  I didn't feel like the walls were immediately closing in.  I felt a flash of anger, a brush of irritation, and then I felt, thank you, Father, for allowing me to tend to the things I had to pay at the end of last month.  And I got on with my day.

What have I been doing today?  Well...

I reapplied for Medicaid, with my new address, with my current information, in a new county.  I don't know if it will make a difference, but it is necessary in order to know.  Syd is already taken care of, having submitted her own application for herself and her expected child, so I only have to worry about me.  I also changed my contact information with the Social Security Administration, so there'd be no further confusion there.  And I updated my resume in my cloud, and completely re-did my resume with the Vindicator online so maybe some of the jobs I've been missing out on will start to respond with a legible, readable resume to peruse. 

I'm about to take my parents to their show, and I'm going to find myself something to eat here while I'm waiting for them to finish.  I am cool with it.  I feel pretty good, a bit of a pain in my foot but nothing I can't deal with. 

I am grateful to my Father for the blessings of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment