Translate

Saturday, November 4, 2017

disrupted sunday

upon tiny feet, sunday approaches.  not the usual sunday, but a sunday that shall hiccup in the conscious mind of most Americans, a blink and an hour gone and disruption of activity and a week of confusion that will follow as body clocks are out of whack.  one of the greatest testimonies to the absolute stupidity of daylights saving time is this:  i've never heard of one individual who has a body clock that automatically adjusts to the change of the clocks.  if this were a natural thing, the internal system would respond accordingly, and you'd best believe that.

but this is saturday.  saturday is not daylights saving.  today i got up with prayer, after sleeping a sound, un-binaural sleep, as i'd spent yesterday at my parents and was exhausted by the time i got home.  again, the natural adjustment...i was AT my parents', and i CAME HOME.  these are new feelings, adjusted to by the nature of the situation.  regardless, i got up, got it started.  i had chores to do, and i got them done with the exception of bringing my clothes up from the basement, but that's going to get done tomorrow.  i had said prayers, read meditation and scripture and taken medicines.  i had breakfast and after i did my cleaning and took a shower, i went to the stores to get the few supplies i could and came back to make myself lunch.  before i left, i'd worked on some music and was working out some chords for a guitar app for the song i've been working on.  i didn't find anything to apply to, but that will happen on Sunday.  i didn't do dinner, as i had a bag of chips in the evening, and i made myself half a peanut butter sandwich rather than cook.  just needed some moderation. 

i talked about Syd's expectation in counseling yesterday, and i've been in touch with her over the past several days.  she's going through some heavy morning sickness, but it comes with the territory.  i'm still not feeling one way or another about it.  i've no real idea of where she is mentally or emotionally, or where Joe is for that matter.  i only know that at least she checks in, and that's all i could really ask for for the past several years, seems like.  didn't talk to Chris much.  i know what the deal is, but it's not for me to say.  its enough for me to have someone checking on me, and i can have expectation should i choose to, but its enough to be grateful for what's been provided for me.  so many gone now,so many i don't hear from at all.  i just leave it where it is. 

my mom and dad went to a music venue yesterday, a lot of old doowop bands down at Stambaugh.  i'm glad they went, my mother said she had a good time and there's no question that my father did. 

i am grateful.  i took gabapentin this evening, so i'm going to find my video for the night and slip under sleep.  thank you, Jehovah, for keeping me on point today and always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment