Translate

Friday, November 3, 2017

in the morning...

friday morning now.  i missed yesterday, not for any particular reason.  my Chromebook computer is working on blowing up, literally.  lack of ventilation, the casing is warping, something inside is overheating.  i need a new laptop, but that's going to be a minute.  my desktop, of course, is in my office, and i didn't feel like climbing the stairs, so i didn't come up to write in the afternoon.  that's the story, the one that i am endorsing, anyway.

but, yesterday was okay and it was frustrating all at once.  getting up, i prayed and i got it moving.  i'd had to put a bucket in the bathroom to catch the rainwater, the rain was so heavy.  gonna have to tell my dad about the roof there, before the thing falls in, but i'll get to that.  anyway, i did my meditation book and scriptures, had my coffee and water while i took my meds and i got myself together for the day.  i was heading north to a mechanic to see what was going on with my heater.  i mean, my car is actually two years younger than my child, so what can you say except things fall apart, right?  but while i can deal with no air, no heating is not a good thing, as the weather gets colder and i am in need of a defrosting unit.  so i made my way north, warm day, just rain.  mechanic checked it out and said it was the switch in the dash, little wheel thing on the right, that needed changing.  he said he could do it and it wouldn't cost much but i had to get the switch.  and whatever he was messing around with under the hood, he managed to do enough that i got the heat on, so i went off to return later for him to get the thing done. 

i went to my parents, as i'd not eaten breakfast and was hungry.  i got there and my mom was in what seemed to me a very confused state.  she was talking but it was very low and she was sitting in her room.  i made her coffee and started working on breakfast.  i made enough for myself and my parents and my aunt.  i talked to my mom who had a doctor's appointment that day, and i talked to my dad as well.  i'd talked to Chris and to Syd earlier and also had spoken to Chris throughout the day.  just to log events accurately.  but dealing with my mom made me kind of sad. 

i went on my hunt for the switch after that, which is when the day got stupid for me.  i went to O'Reilly's first, and got so many different 'opinions' on what part i might need that i ended up leaving, almost going home.  i was there for a switch, and they seemed to not have one.  and they wanted to sell me a bunch of different things, and some redneck mechanic came and checked my heater and said something else and go to the junkyard and just replace the whole thing and i was ready to go home.  i talked to Lonnie and he suggested that i just stay focused, as i'd need to get it done.  i circled back around and went to autozone, and i got one 'opinion' from the guy at the counter, but he found and ordered my switch.  that was enough for me though; i was already thinking of splurging and getting food and i'd just eaten breakfast, so i knew it was frustration.  i went home and i read some and actually napped.  i spoke to Chris one more time, and eventually i got to work on my dinner about 430.  i made steak and a baked potato and some sauteed spinach with onions and mushrooms and peppers.  i had dessert afterward, and i cleaned my dishes and got things together for the next day, coffee and whatnot. 

so it's friday morning now.  i've gotten up, done my morning stuff, worked on a song that is slowly being constructed, and i'm going to see if there are any applications i can put in on indeed.com.  i have counseling today.  i need to eat something, but i'm not feeling cooking right now.  so i'm going to get dressed, grab something along the way and get this day started.  things in the evening i have to do for my parents as well, so we'll see how it goes. 

i am grateful, as i've had time to spend with my family lately, and i am in far less pain that i have been.  thank you, Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment