Translate

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

slow going...

'twas a cold day today, and not much got done, but things were learned regardless, because the temperature or temperament of a day should never close one's eyes or ears to the possibility and presence of new things.  that is my opinion only.

i woke up freezing.  i don't understand when they say the low of a day is supposed to be in the 40's, but it's already ten degrees colder.  i had coffee to warm up some, took my meds and then said my prayer and read from my bible.  backwards, and apologetic about it.  i was moving pretty slow, not hurting in my back or my feet, but cautious  a good sick will make you paranoid, i have found. 

i made my bed, cut my toenails, lotioned my feet (diabetic care) and got dressed.  i had the store and my parent's house on my itinerary.  breakfast too, but that didn't happen.  just not eating very much these days.  see above paragraph.

i went to my parent's house, and my mom was in a bit of a roue.  i think that's the term i want, but i'm half sleep now and not sure.  anyway, she said she'd ruined the roast beef and gravy she'd been making for dinner yesterday so she'd just left it on the stove and was about to throw it away.  upon further questioning, she was frustrated because she was trying to figure out how to fix it and couldn't think of a way.

i made her sit and get herself some coffee.  i washed my hands and started making her a bacon egg and cheese on toast sandwich for breakfast, and doing prep work with the leftovers.  in the end, i made them a beef stew that should be very tasty. 

my mom and i talked, and i helped her get some supplies ordered for her c-pap machine also.  but the conversation and her high frustration left me exhausted.  plus, i'm not 100 percent yet. 

i decided to just come home for the day.  i stopped at the food truck and got a sandwich and fries, threw half the fries away and ate half the sandwich for lunch.  i ate the other half for dinner.  i'd started working on a musical piece yesterday so i put a bit more work into that.  i talked to Lonnie several times.

i'm now about to go to sleep, but i'll wake up way too early again.  maybe i can find a good movie to watch instead.  i've got my meeting tomorrow, and maybe lunch with Lonnie.  we'll see.

i am grateful, Father, for the ending of this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment