Translate

Sunday, October 15, 2017

interlude

THE COST
I have a lot of love in me,
But please, don't think it charity,
It cost you what I've had to pay
To learn to still love in this way;
Abandoned by some so-called friends
As well as by most of my kin,
Betrayal by the closest hearts
That truly ripped my soul apart.
Years spent sorting through all the lies,
What truth remained was compromised,
To sum up most conclusively;
Need not trust you,
But MUST trust me.
I've forgiven all, that's the price,
My peace of mind is paradise,
And while I still can be a friend,
I won't pretend; won't make amends
For broken things I did not break,
Those gestures would make me a fake,
Do whatever you need to do...
Don't toy with me, I won't play you.
For share alike, balance all things,
That's what a wiser love can bring,
Not like promises hiding lies
That only lead to alibis.
Do right by me,
And know this true:
I will keep your heart safe for you.
And that's the price paid
For my love,
No one need pay if it's above
Their price range. Strange, though,
Spend the world
For lies and pain, both boys and girls.
Well, what I've paid make me aware
My value is beyond compare,
And some aren't qualified
To share...

No comments:

Post a Comment