Translate

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

new day, new day, new day

my thought is this:  if you end your night on a bad note, you should as soon as your heart and spirit changes make note of it, because you cannot allow yourself to linger there.

in my spirit, there is a hole, that is the truth.  Rachel filled a great portion of that hole, but the hole was not my entire spirit.  the hole wasn't even a significant portion of my spirit.  and she did not fill it completely.  not diminishing her in the least; i love her and continue to love her.  but i'd told her honestly at one point that i had learned enough that i could live without her, that she wasn't a need.  i know it hurt her to hear it, but it was the truth then, and it's the truth now.  what do i miss?  i miss her company.  i miss her touch, her presence, her conversation.  but what else do i miss?  i miss Sydney and De'Ja.  I miss having friends to call.  i miss people at my dinner table.  i miss having a body in my bed.  i miss writing.  i miss my old phone.  i miss my grandparents.  i miss the 12 step fellowships being the way they were when i got sober.  i miss the Columbus of my poetry days.

that's a big hole, but some have much bigger holes.  and Rachel did not fill all those holes.

she had holes too.  and i did the same for her, and i did not fill all of hers.  i don't know what she really wants.  and not knowing that is the answer to the question mark.  i don't know what she really wants.  and she doesn't know either.  therefore, she has to have her life.  and i have to have mine.

i got up early this morning.  for a change, i didn't struggle against it.  i said a prayer at 3 in the morning.  i pissed and turned on my coffee and i got dressed.  pants and a tee shirt and a long sleeved shirt and my high top Nikes.  i put on my vest, turned on the porch light, and went for a walk.  i walked 15 minutes, almost to Landsdown, and turned and walked back.  fifteen minutes takes me to the food truck that i frequent.  the second half is uphill and works me out.  i was tired and sweating, but i feel good.  it felt good walking in the full moon light.  (ever dance with the devil...?)  i have had my meds, i've read 1 Corinthians 13 on love, and i've read my meditation book.  and i've had my breakfast.  i'm going to go upstairs soon, i'm going to work on some writing.  not editing; WRITING.  and if that doesn't work, at least i'm moving in the direction i'm trying to go in.

i don't know if this will last, but it's here now, and i'm very, VERY grateful to Jehovah for strengthening my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment