Translate

Sunday, May 28, 2017

...I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS

....no, really, i do.  my grill attacked me today.  it was a horrific, wonderful experience, and i can only say that it was truly epic in its dynamic.  i lost the battle, but i believe i won the culinary war.  and that's what's important, i think.

so, i didn't do much today.  i did pray, but i didn't read.  i did get my ass moving, but not with a great deal of deliberation.  not until this very moment.  i had breakfast, took a shower, washed a load of clothes, went to my meeting, had lunch at Lonnie's with his family.  i made my potato salad, pasta salad done yesterday, i'm about to make my cabbage and my broccoli casserole for tomorrow, and i'll do my apple casserole tomorrow morning.  i have spoken to Syd, and have plans (if nothing is on the curb in the a.m.) to go by with Lonnie and get stuff out of the house.  down to the last few days of occupancy.  and while i could just leave it alone, it will be trouble for me if its not cleared out, trouble that i don't feel like investing time into right now.

i guess i feel pretty good.  i'm about to try to reach out to the IT department at my job and see if they can give me some further suggestions on how to fix my problem.  i'll let them know what has been happening, see what suggestions they make and work to implement them while i'm off the clock so i can get to work on tuesday and take calls with assurance.  i am okay doing this.  i'm tired, but it's not a bad tired.  ate too much today, did more than a day off calls for, but it's what my life is now.  i'm grateful that i can, when there are so many who can't.

having dinner with Lonnie's family, i see his dad who was there to dine with them for a long weekend,and he kept speaking on the benefit of dying while you're young.  so, i'm not in that place, and even if this is all just a flash in slow time of my life before i die, it's not me wishing i'd died decades ago.  perspective helps a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment