Translate

Thursday, May 18, 2017

business...good, bad and meh.

i love this picture, because it makes me look like a samurai in a Kurosawa pic.

yeah, this has been a day, been a day.  i say that a lot lately, more than i used to.  but it balances out.  going to have some battles, if i choose to, and going to have some peace negotiations, if i choose to.  it's all business.

to start with, my leg is feeling better, but i'm not going to rush.  i got up, got on my knees for the first time in two weeks and prayed, and i have to admit, the sensation was so great i almost cried.  i don't miss prayers as a habit, but i like getting on my knees as respect to the Creator who continues to keep me safe.  so laying on my bed and saying my prayer, it's the prayer that counts, but it doesn't feel the same.

i even read my meditations.  i felt good, i was doing good moving, i got dressed, came downstairs, made mom coffee and went to take Syd to catch her bus.  she came outside with some of my stuff, and i told her i didn't want my car loaded up, but she was determined she was going to do the thing her way.  she don't know i will pull all the way back, i don't have time for that game right now.  but business is business.

i asked about her timetable for moving, she said she'd be gone by the end of the month.  she has a job, she says, at a 'bar and ice cream place' in Leavittsburg.  no idea.  asked about the bar part, but she said she put in the app and they hired her.  again, no idea.

i'd taken my meds before i took Syd to her bus, and when i came back i just got started on breakfast.  heated up roast and rice and put two eggs with it, done and done.  my mom wanted me to go shopping for her, and my leg was holding up so i said yeah.  more business of worry.  she said she was giving me $65 for the store, asking if that would be enough.  i wasn't worried about it, having every intention of buying part of what was on the list so she wouldn't run out.  but when i got to the second store, i discovered she hadn't given me $65, but 125 dollars.  it wasn't the biggest deal, but i managed to convince her she needed to call her doctor and ask for some furtherance on her c-pap, because that could have been a costly mistaken on her part, with the wrong person.  i gave her her change, unloaded the groceries and went to lunch with Lonnie.  been a long time since we hung out, feels like it anyway.
after lunch, i stopped at the store to grab a couple things i'd forgotten, to find that i'd left my wallet on the front porch.  when i got home, my dad had my wallet so i went back to the store after a few.  i came home, cooked dinner, took a shower and shaved and fed my mom and myself.  i am upstairs now, and plan to crash soon.  i've not had one cup of coffee today.  this is some kind of record for me, but not one i like per se.

business.  the landlord on Colonial is becoming a bit of a stressor.  he's complaining about the water bill increase, but we're not leased to pay water.  he's upset because rather than allow him to make out a nonsensical lease for less than a month, i reminded him Syd will be gone at the end of the month.  now he's stressing because he says it's not 30 day notice, but Syd told him she'd be gone by the end of May, at the beginning of May.  and i'm already gone, which he knows.  but he has to have someone to be a hardass to.  seen it before.  i have enough to worry about without finding stray issues to consume me.

counseling tomorrow.  payday tomorrow, YAY.  and i have to email my doctor's excuse to work so i can get started again next week.  business.  and you do what you can, and the rest belongs to God.  thank you, Jehovah, for a day of progress and movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment