Translate

Saturday, May 13, 2017

easing...

it sucks that i missed counseling today.  i was really looking forward to some decompression time.  but i was in pain, hobbling about, walking with a cane, and i figured let me save my resolve for the job.  but it's getting easier.  i think.  considering i've been resting and elevating my foot to deal with this gout, and the fact that it's been affecting other areas of my health, hard to tell which way is up.  but i digress...

i got up this morning with prayer and readings, so i'm moving in the right direction.  i felt some better, rested as long as i could, and then i shook it into gear.  hobbled downstairs close to 8, got my breakfast and the tuna casserole for dinner ready.  talked to my mom, who was still worried about me.  i finished eating, cleaned the dishes and commenced to resting.  my aunt took Syd to her bus, and there was nothing else to worry about.  i watched some television, napped in and out and chilled.  took the trash out.  mom felt she needed to buy me lunch, really she needed to get out of the house.  i had lunch, chilled a bit more and i went down to get on the computers.

let me say this:  i hate work.  that's the bottom line.  but it is a line with 2 directions, and the other direction of it is, i love that i'm working.  but i hate work.  i love the sense that i'm earning money.  i hate the chunk of my day that is lost to the pursuit of money.  but it is what was on the road ahead of me.  Rachel and i have talked about it.  she's said, on more than one occasion, that she's jealous of me because i'm working the job she wanted.  i've told her, in no uncertain terms, that i'm angry that she let me jump by myself when we were supposed to be doing this together.  it's all relative.  seems to be, anyway.

i did my 8 hours.  getting better.  we're mostly supposed to transfer calls, but i cant not try to help if i can.  tomorrow is going to be long and long.  from 11am to midnight, to make up the 4 hours i bailed on yesterday.  i'll be all right.  just one hour at a time, that's the passsage of days.  i'm going to  sleep now.  i'm typing in the attic, where the V key works.  i thank Jehovah for provisions and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment