Translate

Monday, May 23, 2016

outside in the cold distance...

the beginning of summer starts tomorrow.

for parents, its not a seasonal date.  it's not something on the solar calendar anyway.  it is the day that your children, in America anyway, are done with school for another year.  and that marks the point where your hours are no longer your own, in their majority.  by this point, which is 11th grade for me and Syd, you're kind of used to it.

i got up and said prayers and got dressed for the gym.  warmed an old cup of coffee and made my way over.  found that Rose, the receptionist, finally went to the doctor, which made me happy.  did the treadmill for half an hour, came home and got real coffee on and meds into my system.  had another moment with Syd, far as her asking at the last moment about her doctor's excuse, which St. E's emergency room didn't give us with the paperwork.  then i got on her case about not putting away her breakfast stuff from sunday, which i told her to do before i left for my meeting.  i gave her the money to purchase her ipad from the school, but reluctantly.  when the child support card loads i'll get it back.

i ate breakfast, which i'd prepared the day before.  two boiled eggs and a piece of toast.  i went to Walmart, got a few things, went to Aldi and got a few more, and then came home.  i napped.  got texts from Syd saying she passed her math final, passed all her classes.  i'm not going to pretend to be overjoyed.  three C's and a D is not a great year.  and that year began with her running away from home and it's ending with her being grafted to Jo's hip most of the time.  it is tiresome.

i went back to my mom's house, found that her printer auto-loaded onto the laptop and that her usb mouse has a short in the cord and she needs another one.  i talked to her and my dad for a bit, and then i went back home.  while there i put cube steaks in the oven for their dinner.  i got home, talked to R some more, got my cabbage/spinach done and my broccoli and cheese.  grilled burgers and had dinner.  one burger, and the veggies.  i also had two mini peanut butter cups.  i'm tired, but i wanted to log this.  from yesterday to today.  i see good things, and i need to remark on them because i have to remember them and remain grateful.  like how i got the Walmart card, but how i also got my schedule to volunteer at the Warmline, which means my background is clear.  like helping the old gentleman at the ATM when he was trying to get money and abusing the machine, which put me in fear of not being able to use it myself.  like how today i got my title and lien release from the finanicial institution so i can now sell the Cavalier.  like having a laptop that works.  like finding a bike for R on my way home from the meeting yesterday.  GRATITUDE?  i'd say so.  but it's so easy to forget sometimes, to get caught up in the inconsequential shit.  so i'm going to just chill tonight, get ready to put it in gear for tomorrow and do my thing.  i am grateful to God for a very good and peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment