Translate

Friday, February 23, 2018

Progress, not Perfection

well, i didn't write yesterday.  that's because my back is starting to give.  it's been a minute, so i'm not complaining and i'm already working on it.  have to, have greater things to do now, have to be able to keep moving.  but, can't be unreaonable either.  back's gonna do what it's going to do.  let's get yesterday in and done.

so i got up, around what time it is now, which means now i'm up an hour early.  i tried to lay back, which i managed, but i was grateful for waking up as i found my alarm was somehow unset.  same alarm since i started working, only changing it once from 445 to 4am, because the first time wasn't working.  

i got up after praying, put on coffee, read and took meds and ate breakfast.  i had finished my video for 'Everytime' and i loaded it onto my drive so i could access it anywhere.  i left the house about 530, little later, and still got to work at six.  

workday was better today, but the weirdness remains.  she's not talking about her loss, the Boss is not, but she's trying to act normal.  it is showing though, her act in the whole thing. but i played along.  i didn't try to talk to her any more than she talked first, didn't try to get her to talk about her shit.  we got through the day.

had lunch with Syd.  same old problems, same old shit.  she and Joe, dysfunctional and a baby on the way.  problems that are growing.  bad decisions.  i keep them in my prayers, and i thank God that at least i was in my 30's before the responsibility of my 'bad decision' was placed upon me.  Syd is not a bad anything to me, but i spent a lot of years making impulse decisions, as she does now, and she is going to have it harder than i did.  i hate that, and can do nothing about it.  

my mom's still not feeling well, she's not eating much.  my dad seems to be himself.  i went there after lunch to nap, took them a fish sandwich each, saw my brother who's still pushing too hard (in my observation) and went back to install the printer my dad just bought after work.  that's why i got home late.

when i got back here, i got dinner started so i could groom for this day, and i cleaned my kitchen and took some things to start working on my back.  

i'll be getting up in about an hour, get this day started.  it's cool;  last work day.  just have to try to do what i can to get through it, and then two days off.  

thank you, Father, for a full day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment