Translate

Monday, February 5, 2018

it's a quarter after five when i'm starting this entry, PM.  i wanted to get it done, so that i can get my dinner finished and unwind.  i'm trying to get my routine tighter, to maintain the elements of change that i'm working with right now.  too many days this slips by, and this is one of the most important tools i'm working with right now. 

anyway, it was a good day.  i have no complaints at all, save for the bitterness of the cold this winter wears as it's new fashion statement.  but the weather is the weather, nothing can be done about that. 

i got up today and i said my prayer and i felt the lethargy from the cold but i kept it moving.  i got out of the bed and i went to do my reading of meditation and scripture, and i took my medicines.  i had a cardiologist appointment today, so i was not as pressed for time, but i did let time get away from me early anyway, by letting the 'not going to work this morning' thing dominate my movements, rather than the 'doctor's appointment at 815' thing.  but eventually i had eaten breakfast, washed dishes, gotten dressed, gathered trash from the kitchen and got out the door. 

i think i make mention of the cold because everything was just cold this morning. it was bitter out, and i still had to let the car warm up, but i didn't bring out my spare set of keys, so i sat while it warmed and the windows thawed.  the cardiologist office has some major renovations going on, and the door was mostly open and the office was freezing.  and by the time i got to my parent's house, the cold had made its way into my bones, and i couldn't seem to get warm.  plus i was feeling the stirrings of a gout flare. 

as i said earlier, i found that i have been losing weight, with a drop of 21 pounds since December 30th, from 380 to 359.  my set goal is to lose 30 pounds by april 15th, and if i stay on course, i should exceed that.  the rest of the checkup was good too, at least by my standards of health it was.

at my parent's house i nodded in and out and talked to my mom.  then i went to work.  it wasn't a long day, most of our clients on the bus i aide weren't there today.  but it was good to see them; i miss them when i'm not working.  and now i am at home.  i got what i wanted for dinner from the store.  i've showered and shaved, and i'm going to get my clothes for tomorrow and take them downstairs.  i'm going to have dinner, and i'm going to take two gabapentin for this flare up and i'm going to rest tonight and be ready for a full day of work tomorrow.  and i'm thankful to Jehovah for allowing me to enjoy this day, moving as a good day moves, and whatever the status someone else might append to it, a day of sobriety and life is always a good day.  that's it.  catch the Dining Room for the food inventory of the day if you are so inclined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment