Translate

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

HOME Becomes

a lamp in the living room. 

does it mean anything to anyone who might read this?  depends on how much you've read, how far along you'd come with me so far.  could mean nothing.  but to me, it's quite awesome. 

i was given four lamps yesterday by the Boss.  just out of the blue, she asked if i might need any lamps.  she hates throwing things away. 

my lamps, the ones i got from the yard sale with RF so long ago, are in my father's basement.  i could retrieve them, but i'm not, because he got them from my discarded stuff, and they are his by dint of that.  they are, i guess, a reminder of my questionable decision-making of last year, right around this time, in fact. 

a year...how much has changed...

i didn't journal yesterday.  i was quite exhausted, it was a long day fueled by a night of very short sleep.  the day went well enough, but by the time it was over, so was i.

i got up on Monday, struggling to be awake.  i only had half a cup of coffee, i was so tired.  i read and prayed, i ate and medicated, and i got myself dressed and out the door.  i believe, because i spent most of Saturday in bed, it messed up my Sunday night sleep.  but that happens sometimes. 

i got to work, things went well in the course of the day, me and the Boss got along without incident.  i went to my parent's house between run times and napped a bit, talked with both my mom and dad and made myself a hamburger for lunch.  the day finished as easy as it started, which was good, as my mom had sent me a text, asking me to call when i was done working as she needed my help. 

i went by, she is still not feeling well and asked if i could do dinner for her, which i did.  i made them meatballs and sauce, an accompanying spaghetti and peas.  i checked to make sure they were okay, and i made my way home.

my plan had been to get in, place the lamps, take a shower and make myself something fresh for dinner, but since i had to tend to my parents, the lamps were just brought in and set down, the dinner was leftovers and the shower didn't happen.

and that's perfectly okay for today.

my plans, even when they're not selfish, are always under revision when i'm working a 3rd Step. (made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God)

so, as with today, i can only say in truth, 'May YOUR will be done', and keep it moving.

i slept well last night, i have started the new day, and i'm going to update the Dining Room and get back to being ready to leave.  thank you, Father, for allowing me to keep track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment