Translate

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Salt

i am back on the north side now.  it's not a bad thing, but it is one of those acceptance deals, where you have to look at the whole of a situation before you decide to just let a mood jump off into your atmosphere.

i'm here because tomorrow i have to call the water department to have the water turned back on in my house.  i knew it was coming because my father had warned me about my sister's out of control water bill.  but it's not my sister's bill, necessarily.  it's a combination, mostly my cousin, as it hasn't been paid in the past 7 months or so.  even that is strange, because the water company is notorious for not giving a fuck about excuses.  if you don't pay, you don't get service.

but i am grateful, because i now know that i have to get it on in my name, and that's okay.  i'm also still waiting for my next to last work check, but i am being patient with that at the moment.  if it's not there by tomorrow morning i'm going to CCA and ask them what is going on exactly.  their pay dates are the 15th and the 30th, so it should have hit my account today.  it is just another example of how they tend to do things like they're a storefront church, rather than a government/corporate funded entity.  but that's their business.  mine is getting paid and getting on with my life.

the meeting was good.  i've decided that i can start letting go.  i said, at the start of all this, that pain makes a person selfish by default.  when you're hurting, you're all about you.  the good thing about a Program that works is that it runs even when you're not tending to it.  like having automatic updates set on your Windows so when you finally log back in you're caught up and ready for work.  and that's a blessing that i doubt if even the founders thought they'd installed.  so i thank God for the opportunity to see myself more clearly, i am grateful that i can get moving again, and i am blessed to have a place to go, as so many people wouldn't even have a primary residence, let alone a plan B just in case they had to get a utility cut back on.

and i got my trash picked up, and i got a shower, and i got my chili put away so i still have food for the next two to three days.  thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment