Translate

Friday, August 18, 2017

spider bites and broken truces

well, this has been a day of not getting done what i needed to get done, sorry to say.  it is not the worst case scenario, but it is definitely one for the books, at least for me.

now, i got up okay.  i'd found the information yesterday on how to go to the site with my job where i take myself off the schedule for a week, and i slept okay.  i got up to do dishes, make coffee for my mother and myself, take insulin and meds, get things gathered for the house work today and have breakfast.  i went to counseling, which was much lighter fare than we've had lately, and i'm sort of grateful for that.  then i made my way to the east side.

i'd talked to Lonnie yesterday and he was planning on coming to help today.  as well, my friend B was going to come back (i'm affording him his anonymity, as he never asked to be on my journey or in my blog), and they were going to start hauling things away.  but the counseling thing pushed everything back, so i didn't get the early start i wanted.  didn't matter.

i got there and i lit incense and started coffee.  it was nice to put on a pot in my home, even if it was just to work to.  i found the ice had not only melted in the styrofoam cooler that i'd left the water in, but it had run through the cooler and down onto the chest it was sitting on and likely the rug too.  i took the cooler to the porch, dried the water on the chest and decided to start moving things out of the house until help arrived.  i knew Lonnie was on his way.  i had moved out a broken cabinet and decided to put on my gloves so as to curtail splinters.  then i moved the rest of the cabinet out as well, to the back of the house.  i grabbed a child's sitting type toy, with big piano keys for their feet to play with, out back and as i was returning to the front i felt something sting my hand through my glove.  i turned my hand over and there was a HUUUUGE spider doing his creepy spider thing on my hand so i stripped the glove off like a burlesque dancer having a hundred dollar bill waved in her face and threw it under my car.  the bite stung and burned, and i felt some numbness, so i called Lonnie and told him i'd been bitten and he came in a hurry and took me to St. E's.

emergency wasn't very busy, thank goodness.  i was pretty much in and out, with a prescription for a cream as no area was raised on my skin, no redness and no evident swelling.  just a hole where the beast stung me.  don't even feel it now.  Lonnie and i then went to Arby's, got some lunch, went to the store where i bought more bombs for the little bastard's family, and we went back and bombed the shit out of the house, including the basement where we turned off the breaker box for the monday re-connection.  then i gathered up my stuff and we talked for a moment on the porch, for me to remember that i left my phone on the kitchen counter.  so i held my breath, went inside and got the phone and came back out.  then i left, because i had to clean off my toxified phone.  that was the fun of the day.

i came back here and my dad was immediately asking me to speak to his friend about this insurance that he's taken out of me.  i did not and have not spoken to her yet and have no intention on it.  i napped for a bit, then i made a salad and some smoked sausage and ate.  i made my mother a salad, watched the beginning of the Age of Ultron Avengers movie and now i am shutting down, thinking about Rachel, thinking about Heather, and thinking about living the rest of my days without love.

some of the work is sad for that reason.  i had thought Rachel and I would be doing this together.  i had thought maybe we would have a place where we could build up Z-Phyles and Urban SEEN, make them into a reality and an epicenter for the society's artistic renaissance.  now i know, it's all up to me.  now i know there is no Rachel to share plans and effort with me.  and that makes me sad, because it really is going to be a different house with no her.  but i'll get done and i'll just live in it alone.  nothing wrong with that.  i am blessed, and I am grateful, and now i'm going to sleep to get ready for this 911 call center civil service test tomorrow.  thank you, Father.  

No comments:

Post a Comment