Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

first day

well, this was an experience, to be sure.

it was not a bad day, but it is not a good job.  and honesty must rule here; i am not going to just bail, but i don't know for how long.

i got up on the alarm, after 7 hours of sleep.  it was a good sleep, with a meditation video.  i did my prayer, did my stretches and crunches, and got my ass into my gym gear.  i got to the gym at 530 and did the treadmill today.  my leg was still hurting, but i have to re-establish a routine that now includes work, so i have to see what i'm holding on to and what i'll be letting go of, by doing all the things i have in store.  when i got home, i took my meds and insulin, read my meditation books and scripture (though i may have done that before the gym) and i had breakfast, two egg and sausage breakfast tacos from my own kitchen.  i laid down, but didn't go back to sleep, and i was on my way to the place at 920 or so.

i got there before any of the others, and i sat in the break room and waited.  there were 8 of us starting, and the training is pretty laughable, though stupid and traumatic are not exclusive of each other.  we went over what is expected, went to a phone bay, had the trainer do some role play for about 25 minutes and then we were taking calls.  the computer system is ancient, the job program runs in DOS, there are scripts but not on the computer so you have to rely on paper taped all over the place to read through coherently, and the job is essentially convincing people that they should accept 'free' copies of a newsletter this company puts out, and one of the newsletters has an invoice with it, and the invoice means that they've subscribed to have this delivered and they'll be charged for it for a year.  and its not something that anyone wants to be bothered with.  well, a few people do.  it would be quite a bit easier if they were upfront with the information, and i doubt if they would lose any sales that way, but no one wants to do anything up front.

my knees are killing me, and i'm sleepy.  i had burger king for lunch, and i saved my second sandwich and i think that was dinner.  but i am grateful.  change is never easy, but it always comes.  thank you, Father, and help me remember my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment