Translate

Sunday, December 13, 2015

well, what will this saturday bring?  it is beginning well.  i'm up, though reluctantly.  I'm still sore, but that's about par for the old-age course.  i have prayed, and i have taken insulin and meds and i am currently preparing to move on, get out of the house and tend to some business today.  it's one of those things, need to see about a comforter my aunt located at goodwill and need to fill up my gas tank while gas is relatively low.  i feel okay mentally.  i am prepping now, and kind of need to get my beef in the crockpot with onions so that my stroganoff will begin coming together, but for now i want to take care of some things.  like hooking up the new wireless router at my mom and dad's house so it will be on and working when she comes home.  like keeping my expectations at a minimum so that i don't wander into the scary land of profound disappointment if my dinner wants fall through.  if R can't make it, its movies and fish and writing and getting ready for tomorrow.  if she does, we'll see what we can see.  either way, i am working on acceptance, trying to remember to stick to basics so i don't have to go back to them, and starting off with progress.  decided i'll let Syd head out today, just because.  also decided to take the stalks from the asparagus i have marinating, cook them softer in chicken broth seasoned with sage, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, toss them into my pulser with some oil to break them down, put them back into the broth to get the essence out of them, strain their pulps out of the mixture, re-season with some onion and garlic powder, chili powder and more basil, cause i like basil, shred the last of my chipotle cheddar cheese into it and add some evaporated milk and powdered mashed potatoes to thicken.  cream of asparagus soup.  never made it before.  its delicious.  and it's a keeper as a soup recipe.  oh, and some butter, don't forget the butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment