Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

refills

well, it took quite a while, but i have my Nifedipine.  i am glad that phase of this nightmare is over, and i can now move on to the next phase of it.  don't know exactly what that is, but i'll get through it.  God's grace.

today was a bad one though, extremely rough.  when i woke this morning, i was in pain from a gout/neuropathic flare up.  that was about 2 or so.  i didn't get right to sleep last night, not until about 9 or 10 did i drift off, so 2 in the am constituted a very short sleep and a very abrupt awakening.  i took minor meds, knowing i had to get up in about 2 hours for real.  once i did get up, i was hobbling about, just trying to get myself moving.  i debated calling off work, but i couldn't find the Ops director's phone number (in my wallet, duh, but i thought it was in the phone that toilet dived yesterday).  by 430 i was in 'fuck it' mode, so i got up, got my pain shit and gout and neuropathy shit into me, then the daily maintenance meds, and the insulin.  i drank water and cherry juice; no coffee.  i had a piece of peanut butter toast with a cup of milk.  and i got my ass dressed and rolling.  when i got to work i informed the lady at the desk that i needed the Ops Director's number and that i might not make it through the 2nd half of the day but i'd do my best with the 1st half. 

it was rough, but i guess i got the right combination of meds, as i was able to function on the bus without my cane and it eased up as the day went by.  i had a plan in place and i followed it. btw, i prayed this morning, turned the whole thing over to Jehovah before i split.  no other way i know to enter the day, pain or pain free.  anyway, i went to my parents, got some food to cook them dinner, i washed the dishes, apologized to my mother for my distance over the past couple days.  i made her coffee and got dishes put away.  apparently my dad had another accident, hit something in the parking lot down the street.  after i cooked, i went to get my blood pressure pills, and after a bit more fumbling, i got them.  YAY!

i got some lunch and finished out the day with a flourish, thanks to a can of starbucks espresso double shot and the continued need to not inform the clients of my pain.  they worry a lot.  we got everyone done, i got gas before i got in and am here now.  i've eaten, shaved and showered. i'm going to try to get some good sleep tonight.  the Boss is out tomorrow and i'll have a sub driver, someone i actually dig so that's no issue, just want to make sure i can be helpful.  other than that, nothing hurts bad, a pain in the low back but i' monitoring it right now.  i am grateful for my life and my blessings, and i thank Jehovah for bringing me through to the end of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment