Translate

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

the waiting...

well, its been a day.  restful, non-eventful, detailed and interesting at the same time.  i'm glad i didn't go to the gym.
i didn't write yesterday, so i'm going to catch up with things before i shut this down.
yesterday i got up, said prayers, stretched, did crunches and went to the gym.  i did the treadmill, talked to the receptionist briefly and came home.  sugar was good, i had breakfast, took meds, did readings, and went to my parent's house.  i washed a load of clothes, got a receipt from my dad to take a coat back to the store, and went to pick up Rachel.  we came back here and we hung for a minute, went to LJS for lunch.  i left her working on some background tracks while i went to visit Heather.
Heather seemed to be in better spirits, though there is still the undertone of an unwillingness to surrender.  i am going to write her a letter this week to emphasize this necessity again, as there is no further she can go on her 5th step in jail.  i went to the store when i left to get stuff for taco salad.  once i got home, things kind of went left on us.
Rachel was entertaining texts from her friend who is living a crazy, drama-filled life.  she was also following her son's growing relationship issues through his FB page that he left logged onto her phone.  afterward, i got a call from my mom that my dad had gone to the ER in Austintown and would likely be going to St. E's and would need his car brought to Youngstown.  so, all those things combined to end the day in a frenzy of activity.  Rachel went with me to drive my car while i brought my dad's car home, took him stuff down to the hospital that he would have asked for, her mom came and picked her up from my house to go to P.A. to collect her son.  i fixed Rachel some taco salad to go, and after she was picked up i put it down as i was exhausted.

today, i got up and prayed but i didn't go to the gym.  i slept in somewhat. got up slow.  sugar was up slightly, took my insulin and meds.  had an omelet for breakfast.  read my bible and meditation books.  i tidied up a bit.  didn't want my house looking cluttered.  i worked on the song with the recordings that Rachel left and found it worked well with my voice, so i mixed the little bit in.  i called to check on my mother.  i told her i would talk to Jerry and put him on alert, as my dad said he was being released in the morning  but was still hooked to his drip and monitor.  then i went to lunch with Lonnie.  i went to the post office and got a book of stamps.  i went to K-Mart to return the coat.  i called my mom and told her to tell my dad that i'd pick him up after all.  i came home and talked to Rachel after calling my brother to take him off alert.  when my dad called i went to pick him up.  i took him to walgreen and then dropped him at home.  i made my apple turnovers and i had the last of the taco salad for dinner.  i had half a turnover, as i made two and they each used a bottom pie shell as their casing.  half was more than enough.
Syd is asking about a new tattoo but it has some sort of Alistair Crowley symbol behind it and i told her i'd let her know tomorrow but definitely not that tattoo.  i didn't hear anything from Paul at the JCC, who said he'd call me monday to schedule a come back in for the job, but i'm not worrying about it.  i've got the call coming from Retail Data tomorrow afternoon.  got my meeting.  going to go check on my parents, maybe make them some breakfast.  Carrie Fisher died.  life is getting really sad these days.  spent a lot of 2016 being sad.  i don't know what the future holds, but i know Who holds the future.  thank you, Jehovah, for a restful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment