Translate

Monday, December 12, 2016

sleeping friends

this has been a better day.  i'm glad i could get it started right, despite the snow.

we got quite a bit of snow last night and yesterday, and through part of today.  it has stopped for now, but likely it will start again.  tomorrow could be a wash, but we'll have to see what God has in store.

i got up a bit early, but that's good, as i had to turn off my Dad's beef ribs.  had them on a six-hour slow roast, and they were as tender as love before a broken heart.  i said my prayers then, did my stretches and got coffee started.  i meditated for about ten minutes, made my bed and i got dressed for the gym.  i warmed up my car as i read my scripture and readings and i did the treadmill at the gym.

i got home and let Joe in as i was heading back to lay down.  Syd left and i went to make my breakfast, some kielbasa and eggs and the last of my mashed potatoes from the day before.  i was sluggish for some reason, likely financial worries that i'm in the process of turning over.  i went to my parent's house, took the ribs, checked my mom's cable remote and called time-warner about her system not responding properly and ordered her a new remote.  i'd heard from Marc who was asking about me talking to Matt after the meeting yesterday.  he was going to bring Don's pot but i did have to leave later.

later in the day i went to lunch with Lonnie.  his car was at Walmart getting a new tire.  i hung out with him afterward, making sure he got his wife home and got his car picked up.  i fixed dinner from what was on hand, made some payments on my cards so i can get some groceries and do what gift shopping i'm going to get.  i talked to Rachel in the evening, and i'm going to be going to bed when i finish that.

Lonnie is exhausted.  i knew he was, but to see the way he dropped off to sleep and the restlessness of his sleep was disconcerting.  i'll have to keep a closer eye on him.

thank you for the day, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment