Translate

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

early posting in lieu of late night runnings...

...to the heart of the day.
i got up and said my prayers and got moving.  i did readings but did not stretch or do crunches today.  i had coffee, checked my sugar (117) and took insulin and meds, then went back to lay down. Syd left for school and i got up, ran a bath, made my breakfast, worked on my soup and got bathed and groomed for the day.  i had to make sure i got to the meeting to open, as our secretary is back in the hospital and not doing well, according to his son.  i got to the meeting, got set up, chaired and got things shut down.  it was a good meeting.  i then went to pizza joe's, got two slices and had them with my soup.  in my opinion the soup is missing something but i'm not going to worry about that at this moment in time.  i had, before the meeting, got a list of songs from my brother, made him 2 cd's and got some money from that deal.
after lunch, i got myself together for my interview.  i talked to Lonnie finally, and made arrangements to take him to his followup concerning his treatment options.  i went to the interview and met with Paul, a nice guy.  i think he wants me for the job, i'm hoping the fact of me being on disability doesn't frighten him off.  it was a good conversation and he assured me he will be calling back for a follow-up interview.
after i left the JCC i went to my parent's house.  while waiting for my dad to come from the bank i talked with my mom while i was making their pork steaks and washing the dishes.  my dad came, paid me back my loan and asked if i could take him east to check on a project at my grandfather's house after he hears from the guy doing the work.  i am tired, but told him to call me if he needs me.  i am home now  i'm waiting for this ground beef to thaw so i can mix it with ground sausage and make meat balls.  i'm laying in my bed, thinking about how good the day has been, how good God has been to me, how good it is to have friends.  i'm also thinking, as i've been all day, on Rachel.  last night we went again into the 'both diabetics, not healthy for us to be together' thing.  this is something that she's said before, and i have no argument for it.  i only wish that, if she didn't want to be with me, she'd say so, for whatever reason.  i don't choose to decide against myself, but i also am not a person any longer content to wait for the other shoe to drop.  i am going to call her tonight to talk, rather than write a letter or whatever.  and wherever it goes, it goes.  come 2017, i'm about business.  i am grateful to God for this day, very productive and very fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment