Translate

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

seeing with right eyes

today went by well.  i got up with prayer, i dealt with Syd saying she felt nauseous (actually, Joe telling me she felt nauseous, then me summoning Syd and telling her Joe had to go if i called her off from school.  for the record, i don't think she's going to do well this year, and it's not going to phase me), but first i went to the gym.  just weights work today, no treadmill.  i had my leftover burger for breakfast, and i got my gear together and went to the east side to get some video and some stills of the area where they're kicking people out of homes to put up a factory.  i decided at Rachel's question that i do have to show some social consciousness with the Youngstown Organix label if i want people to buy into it.  i came home, uploaded my shots onto the computer, changed my batteries in my camera and cleaned it out.  the cable guy came before i left and checked the line, and of course found nothing wrong with my internet but at least he didn't wreck my system like the last tech did.

i went to my meeting, talked to some guys, did the meeting, short chapter today, tradition 4.  autonomy.  then i came home.  i had soup and a chicken sandwich for lunch.  i worked on the music for my east side project, and i worked on my dinner.  Rachel called and said she was at northside with her daughter getting records and she was going to walmart after.  i asked her if she could get me some things i needed to try a green tomato salsa and she did.  so i got to see her at least today, which was nice.  meatloaf turned out too salty, but the rest of dinner was cool.

i have the first three layers of my project together, and i'm going to work on it some more tomorrow.  the plan is to hit the gym.  my body is sore but it will be a treadmill day.  i'm going to get my house clean.  i'm going to edit old lazarus.  i'm going to find the people i still need for my Old Lazarus commercial.  i'm going to giant eagle to get a western union order for books.  i wanted to take some time to talk to my dad but he's running like a madman trying to get things done for his banquet so i think i'll wait until next week.  i'm going to enjoy my day, because there is nothing else more worthwhile to do.

i see my dad and his struggles with getting older the same as i see the situation of the people losing their homes on the east side.  it's all displacement, in one way or another.  you get old enough, you begin to lose your mental and emotional territory, younger thoughts roll in low a rowdy new gang.  all you can do is watch for the weakness they display and hope that you are man enough and cold enough to exploit that weakness when the time is right.  it's not cowboy honor, but life is about staying alive, and damn some formal way of living if you don't even bother to live.  but that's just me being tired and needing to shut it down now.  thank you, Jehovah, for a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment