Translate

Monday, June 18, 2018

Restoration & Quasi-blindness

well, it's monday.  and i feel i'm off to a good start to the week.  but this has been a strange sort of day.  it is hot now, and i'm about to try using the furnace fan to cool things off a hair, just as an experiment.  i feel okay, and it's not by chance, but it is by God's grace and i am grateful for it.

to start, i took a bath yesterday.  i don't know if i mentioned that, but i did.  an honest to goodness, run water and climb in, shave in the tub, keep reheating the water, moan and groan while wringing the cloth of hot, scented water down my very neglected back, BATH.  and it was, while short due to the tub plug not working properly, Glorious.  i soaked as long as i could, washed and got out dried and scented and feeling pretty damn okay.  that led to a good sleep, with no additives.  and i got up about 330, and i was okay with that too. 

i had a good breakfast (i'll be updating at the Dining Room starting today) and i got dressed in new shorts and mostly new tennis shoes.  i was looking and feeling pretty damn good.  i got to work early, did my pre-trip, did the pre-trip for a driver who's always been kind to me as she was working the desk, and i got the morning done.  but not without strange incident...

to start with, before i got too far, my glasses (pictured), broke.  yes, broke.  the handle on the right side just slid off the fitting that allows it to fold and unfold, and fell to the bus floor.  i drove the morning with the frame perched on my nose, slightly askew but balanced and held with the other arm.  the pickups were going fine...and then something beneath my shirt BIT ME.  bit the fuck out of me too, i might add.  i stayed in control, God's grace, but i was frantically trying to make sure whatever it was was done biting me.  i've had a thing under my shirt just treat my torso like Golden Corral buffet before...not fun.  it was just one bite though, and it did raise skin, otherwise i'd have been convinced someone was doing some voodoo on me.

we had a meeting at work, and then i went to my parent's house.  i glued the arm back on with Gorilla Glue at work and left the glasses there to set, so i was driving impaired...just like my dear old Dad...ironic, right?  i was a bit moody when i got there, as my mom was interrogating me as to my well being rather than talking about herself and her fall on saturday.  but i napped a bit, ate some fruit and drank some water and then i was good to go.  i made mom coffee, made them both a lunch sandwich and made my way back to work.  thought about food, but got a double shot of espresso and a small bag of chips instead. got to be smarter than the weather if you can.

the day finished well, though i have the keys to the bus i drive and must remember them in the morning.  i got subway, chips and a diet ginger ale for dinner and i've eaten.  Lonnie may come by, he may not.  i am writing this now to be certain i blog everything that i need to.  i exercised in the morning when i got up and i plan to do it again.  i am not hungry, not angry, and not especially tired, except for the humidity drain. 

as for lonely, i am.  but it's not the worst thing in the world.  i helped the Boss clean her bus today.  i am constantly surrounded by people who need me and appreciate the role i have in their lives right now.  i have a couple good friends, some people who do love me and some people i do love very much.  yes, i'm blessed, and i would do well to remember that.  so, out of the HALTs, i got an L functioning at the moment.  it'll do for now.

thank you, Father, for a new day, and for all the solutions that come with listening to you and doing what is in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment