Translate

Monday, June 25, 2018

Good Enough Monday

monday again.  not bad, as far as monday's go.  i've no real complaints, and i'm about to put the kibbosh on the rest of the day, have a bath and lay it down. so logging this is a good thing, and i'm a bit behind time-wise from my plan, but it's getting done.

start with, i was up too early today.  Syd went back to the hospital, passing large clots, which may or may not be a part of the post-partum experience.  i don't know.  but they kept her overnight.  and i woke to text and check on her, and found i couldn't get through with text and i couldn't do some other things, which necessitated me paying my phone bill, and by that point i was up for the day.  so i prayed, and i stumbled into the bathroom and i got my shit into gear.  very slowly, i might add.  my left knee was paining me so i took a predinsone and then my meds and read my books and had some breakfast.  i got to work later, by choice, but not much, and i did my inspection and got on the road.

everyone was present today, and Peter (my troublesome client, in that he often has trouble deciding to get on the bus) was on point and lively today, so we got the morning done quickly.  there was a work meeting, and then i went to see the parents.  my mom was on the phone when i got there, and my dad was asking questions about the baby and Syd, of course.  i was tired, and i didn't fix them food, but my dad fed himself as he and his neighbor were going to work on the attic ceiling, and my mom made herself some lunch.  i grabbed a sandwich from Subway and went back to work.  the afternoon also went smoothly, though i thought the main keys for my bus were lost.  i found them in my vest pocket later and returned both sets to the office.

went to Aldis, picked up some grapes, cereal and bread, and went to Lonnie's to take him some cheese and sit briefly.  i've had dinner and i'm about to run my bath, as i said. it takes a bit to run, but i still want to get at least the details of the journey completed first.

to be honest, i am feeling some better.  i don't exactly know why.  it may be my grandson, it may be the visit on Saturday, it may be acceptance starting to root deeper in the soil of my thoughts.  whatever the case, it is Jehovah and i am grateful.  i did the meeting yesterday.  i've checked my attitudes and am working on them best as i can right now.  i'm eating better, i'm feeling stronger.  my reflexes are pretty good.  i just want to get through the next day, should i awaken to it.  i have no major plans, though i should put the rest of this poetry together for this book and start getting the pictures i need.  but the thing is, i don't feel as empty now, don't feel quite so alone.  it helped talking to VF on friday, though i didn't think it did at the time, and it definitely helps to stay in motion.  so, i'm going to try to log the food, exercise in the morning and get the day done smooth as possible.  and i'm going to keep working on being grateful to my Father, because i should be, especially when i'm not.  good enough for the day, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment