Translate

Friday, January 19, 2018

Taking Time...

  i need to get some things down.  it may be awhile before i get an entire entry done, as i'm going to columbus for the next couple days and don't plan on trying to find internet access.  i'm going in uncertainty, and i hate traveling that way, but i'm trying to get better with my presence and a friend is dying, likely (though God has the final say) and asked if i can visit and i said i'd be there this month.  i am hurting this morning, i was exhausted last night.  i'm spending an inordinate amount of time in the cold, which is why i am going through these changes, but i'm not bitching about that, because most of it is the job and the rest of it is from getting my car going (heat is restored, thank you Father).  cost me about all i had in the bank, but it is wonderful to know that you can do something and that you can make sure more is coming in.  and at the start of a Journey, you don't know it all and can't do it all; you have to grow more and learn more to do more.  simple truth.

yesterday i was up pretty much on time and i got the things done that i needed to.  mostly packed, read and prayed and ate and medicated.  the work day wasn't bad, and i did get my car into a shop and it did get fixed.  i made breakfast for my parents, changed smoke alarm batteries and light bulbs for my dad and i got through the work day.  again, the cold has been brutal for me.  brutal even for this area, but older bones are not as resilient.  when i got home, roast was ready in the crock, i ate, finished watching Amelie and went to bed. 

this morning, i'm gathering things that i forgot yesterday for my trip.  i hurt right side again, foot and leg up to my knee.  i felt it yesterday, but i couldn't really slow down as i had to get through the day.  so i'm going to log my food intake from yesterday at The Dining Room, i'm going to make myself some breakfast as i've had coffee and water and read scripture from one of the Corinthians, and i'm going to take a heavy pain pill before i leave so i can have what relief is possible today.  but i'm not going to predict the outcome of this day, nor am i going to swear that i'm going to make to to columbus.  if i'm hurting too bad, i won't go, and i have to remember that.  my word is very important to me, but self care is more important to me, enough so that i rarely give my word because i have to know how i feel.  but that is in Jehovah's hands, and i trust His will for me today, and thank Him for waking me when so many will not awaken.  okay, that's that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment