Translate

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Faith, Hopefully

i didn't write yesterday.  i was exhausted, i can't lie.  there was nothing in me that was able to put thoughts together after the day has begun to close down.  so i just went and did the least i could and passed out, body sore, mind in a whirl.  and now, i am going to get this done because tonight promises more of the same.

see, i have an issue.  it's a good one, too, one that i don't really know how to reconcile.  i'm currently at my parent's house, and i'm writing this before i return to work.  i'll update the Dining Room as well, but for now, let me vent this out so i can let it go for the moment. 

awareness is likely had that i didn't get paid Friday as i was supposed to.  i inquired about this situation and was told initially, by a woman in the local office, that it was due to me not being vetted yet with my background check.  or, simply put, my background check had not yet been cleared and so i wasn't on the payroll.  but that, supposedly, didn't prevent me from working with the developmentally disabled community.  which is bullshit.  so, i asked for the corporate number, received it, and called them.  this was all last Friday (which i'm saying because i may need this as documentation) and they left me a return message saying that my paperwork for payroll had just been completed that very day, and therefore i was behind the deadline to receive my pay for the first week i worked.  because i got the message while i was on my route, i didn't bother to call back; i don't make calls while we're on the route, i barely even touch my phone at all.  it meant, of course, that i went to Columbus this past weekend with gas money only, for the most part, but i gave my word to my friend in hospice that i would be there, and it seemed important to keep my word. 

i returned to work on Monday, and i again called corporate, asking if someone could cut me a check, that i was in need of the funds i'd worked for.  i was placed on hold by a woman named Rachel (irony) and when she returned she said Jamie, the woman who'd come down from Columbus that i'd met the first time, said the fault was on Jen and Latesha (however it's spelled ) in our office who'd done my paperwork too late, and that i'd have to talk to Jen, but they couldn't do anything about my late check.  now, that's a lie, because corporate is where payroll is, and if anyone can remedy the situation, it's them, not here.  but i talked to Jen, the director of this office, and again asked what could be done, as it was not my fault and all my paperwork had been submitted in a timely fashion.  Jen told me that the corporate office was at fault, and that all the paperwork i'd had to sign in our office had to be reprocessed in the corporate office, and she said that they'd sent her an email that i would not receive my pay until the next pay period, which is the 2nd of February. 

i've done nothing more today.  there is no point in it, as i've needed to put my thoughts in linear track so i can act in my best interest.  pros and cons.  pros are that i like this job, it is work that i can do, it is worthwhile work.  i am learning the people on our route, i am enjoying the learning and learning to connect with them.  and some of them seem to take comfort and a bit of happiness in my presence.  it took me quite some time to find this job, and there's no reason to believe it won't take me quite some time to find something else that fits as well.  cons are i'm being played, lied to and disregarded.  i am broke, no doubt.  fixing my car drained my sparse reserve, which was inadequate for the month in the first place.  i have food and the utilities won't be turned off (waiting to do the HEAP thing anyway on gas and electric) but my phone may be cut off, gas money is not assured.  i could borrow the money, but why should i have to borrow money that someone is holding hostage?  and the disregard is a big thing for me.  to lie, to give me nonsense and to treat me with disdain and indifference grates against me.  and it is the grating which is why i have paused in my efforts to rectify this.  because i'm looking for other work now.  the job is spoiled, like a lovely piece of cheesecake with a horsefly perched on top.  just lost all appeal.  and not just this; they are very close to incompetent, have crossed the border into inept long ago.  but if i push further, i will probably force them to act against me, and though that would set me up for a lawsuit (wrongful termination), i would be out of a job, and i still wouldn't have the money that i need right now.  so, yes, i'm pretty beat up behind this.  but i prayed to Jehovah this morning, specifically on this issue, and i'm not going to act until i feel His guidance. 

other than that, the job is going okay, life is as good as can be expected.  i am grateful, regardless of human stupidity, because i have Divine blessings, and that's the trump in the whole game.  but i am galled, vexed and need to keep walking in faith above all else.  that's where it's at for me, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment