Translate

Monday, September 12, 2016

...push...

birth requires pushing.  well, natural birth anyway.  a mother is told to push, to bear down and bring the child forward through the birth canal.  well, that's my supposition.  never having been pregnant or given birth, I wouldn't know.  but it is definitely a way to get things to move that don't want to move easy.  sometimes, things just require a push.

I got up this morning, said my prayers and moved slow to get coffee started.  I had on my gym stuff, had a cup of coffee and some water and headed over to the gym.  I worked out on the machines for an hour, then came home and saw Syd off to school as I worked on Recovering man.  then I had eggs and grits for breakfast.  i wrote some more, but i was still tired, from the gym, the early hour and the binaural music i had on last night to sleep to.  i went to lay down, but couldn't get all the way under again.  i'd planned a nap, but that didn't happen.  i went to the store, got some food for later in the week and for dinner, got myself some lunch and watched a bit of TV.  i wrote quite a bit today, felt the story starting to flesh out the rest of the way.  I know now how it's going to end.  I talked to my mom, to Lonnie, to Syd.  I didn't hear from Rachel, but she still has no phone as far as i know.  I know its rough on her, i am very proud of her for holding up and out as long as she does.

i am going to lunch with Lonnie tomorrow.  I'm going to visit my parents on Thursday because my mother is having company tomorrow that I don't want to bother with.  i've still been thinking on how to make everything workable for the publishing service company.  it's going to take some doing, but i'm going to do it.  as soon as i get the plan together, i'm going to work it through.

i am going to push my ass to the gym in the morning.  some time on the treadmill, some time on weights, and some time on writing.  and we'll see what else the day brings.  it's been a cool day, i am grateful to God for that, and i'm going to lay down and take it easy for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment