Translate

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sunday Repose

i have no idea what happened yesterday.  perhaps i went too early into sleep, or perhaps it just slipped my mind, but either way, it's going to get done today.

it was actually a productive day, and yet it was very low-key.  i got up, refreshed my coffee and started the pot and fell back to sleep after my prayer.  i woke up some time later, got up and got the day started.  i'd laid out my plans for the day beforehand so i had a good idea of what i was doing.
yesterday i got my bills paid, so that was done, and i knew i had to get some things from the store, so that went onto my list.  when i finished my breakfast, i lazed for a brief period and then got started.  i finally got around to taking a bath in the old claw foot tub.  have to say, it's better in memory than it is in person.  one of the problems is...it's so damn small.  i was slightly scrunched to get in it  the other thing is, it is actually a bit intimidating to me as an older person.  like, you have to step up to get into a tub that sits on legs (claw FEET), and you have to step down further than you might be accustomed to.  so it was interesting, but that ain't gonna be happening no more.  but i got a bath in, and i got clothes gathered and i washed a load.  i talked to my mom and to C and to Lonnie and i scrubbed my mattresses upstairs so tomorrow i can put the guest bed together.  progress.

i went to the store, got some things for my dinner and pie and ice cream for dessert.  i came back home, had a sandwich and dried my clothes i sat outside for a bit, got my clothes finished and hung up and put away.  i made my dinner, loving the steak in the iron skillet.  had some dessert, got my kitchen cleaned, my coffee ready for the morning and i've been chilling since.

it's been nice weather the last several days, but i'm not fooled.  this is dangerous weather, weather than can leave you hacking and stuffed up without mercy.  i'm trying to stay careful, but you can't really prepare for that.  i also put in some applications, because no one egg in one basket can be called an omelet.

tomorrow the plan is to put the bed together, get parts for my toilets, get some groceries that are needed for general use, get to Stambaugh and pick up these tickets, and get a walk in.  i have nothing further than that, except perhaps a visit to my parents.  learning that simplicity is not bad, and not having an overwhelming amount of things to do is called relief, not lack of a life.  i still miss her, but i'm getting along.  i thank Jehovah for a full and peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment