Translate

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Forgotten Day

...not the biggest deal, to be sure.  but still, consistency has been increasing, and i'd very much like to stay on top of things, especially as things continue to develop as they've been.  so, for the missed day yesterday, let's get right with it.

i did get up constructive yesterday.  i slept pretty good, though i have to still maintain a 'coffee in the morning only' policy as i get older or sleep is just a sham by nightfall.  i said my prayers, i got up and started my coffee, i read my scriptures, quite a few in Acts, and my meditation book.  i didn't eat breakfast, as i was trying to get to my parent's house early in case what i needed wasn't there.

i got dressed and took off, got to my parent's house.  i made coffee for my mother, made breakfast for both my parents, talked to my mom for a few and then went up to the attic to try to find my documents.  i brought them from the apartment with me, my high school transcript and my birth certificate, but i couldn't find them in my car.  i didn't locate them at my parent's house either, so i went to the vital statistics on Oak Hill and got a copy of my b.c., and then i went to East and got my transcript.  now i'm ready for this 911 application on Thursday.

when i finished retrieving my documents, i went to the store to get some things to fix myself a good lunch and came home.  my brother was right behind me, he picked up some scrap and then he came to visit.  we talked for a bit, and he went on his way.  i rested for a bit, then i decided to be a bit more constructive than that.

i swept the rug in my sleeping area.  i swept the living room floor.  i swept and mopped my kitchen, the breezeway between the living room and the kitchen, and my downstairs bathroom floor.  i washed and dried a load of clothes and took a clothes basket upstairs.  i made more fish for dinner, with the remains of a baked potato and broccoli and cheddar stuffing it.  i had ice cream and cookies for dessert, and i slept better.

today i got up and said my prayer.  i didn't have as much on my plate but i had some things, and there was some emotional bleedover from Monday.  probably should address that now.

as i was coming from the attic Monday morning, my dad stopped me, to 'talk'.  he asked me if, though he asked me for $100 a month (and, by the way, said he'd forego the rent until i was 'back on my feet', whatever that meant), i would be willing to pay him more 'when i could'.  i was instantly irritated, because lately this has been the nature of our interaction with each other.  i don't know where he's coming from, and i don't know who's got his ear bent and his nose open.  but i do know that he's been coming at me sideways in a bunch of different ways and it's getting pretty damn annoying.  i told him that i had a lot of things going on, that this seemed like something unimportant to just bring up.  i told him that i was going on what he told me i should pay, that this was his idea.  he said that it was just the other people living here paid more, and i told him i'm not them.  i told him i'm the only one so far who's been trying to work on bettering the property.  he agreed with this, but his mind wasn't changing.  i asked him what would be the consideration, if we were changing the parameters, for the work that i've put in and would be putting in, and at the mention of a 'consideration for services', he dropped the topic.
then, later in the day, he called me to tell me he would be using the table in the basement where my computer used to be to do his stuff, since i took the table in the attic.  i informed him i took nothing from the attic except my clothes, and that the table in the basement was his and i had nothing to do with what he did with it.  at some point in the near future, possibly this afternoon, he and i are going to clear the air on some of this stuff.  it has become a necessity.  i can't do the signifying, the passive sniping or the conversations in secret that lead to these strange conversations.  it doesn't seem to be necessary for me and not in my best interest at all.

anyway, today.  i prayed, had coffee, did my readings, ate breakfast (potatoes, eggs, sausage and a piece of toast), took my clothes upstairs, hung up stuff and put stuff in drawers, shaved, took a shower and went north.  i visited my parents, picked up my keyboard which came yesterday, asked about my meds, which hadn't arrived yet, watched some television and then left.  i came home, made myself some lunch (breakfast was SUPER early today, as i slept better but not longer), and have been chilling since.  i got word from my mom that my meds have come in, so i'm going to pick them up after i finish this.  i'd planned on taking myself to dinner today, and that's just what i'm going to do.  i have to find an adapter for my keyboard, was afraid that might be the case, but it's cool.  just an additional step along the way.  i am going to get trash gathered and out, take my ass to get my medicine, see if my dad is home and try to have some words with him, and then i'm coming home.  tomorrow is a meeting and just trying to take it slow to be ready for this 4 hour process on Thursday.  i am blessed and grateful to God for that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment