Translate

Monday, November 21, 2016

...prep time

i am tired, in an extraordinary amount.

i slept pretty poorly last night, which sucked.  i didn't have trouble getting under sleep, but i had trouble staying under.  i was up three times, and i didn't get to sleep until after 12, so that wasn't good.  I did get up on time, say prayers, do stretches, crunches and readings.  I took my blood sugar and it was at 112, which was great.  i had coffee and water and i went to the gym and did the treadmill.  it was wickedly cold out, and i didn't want to go, but i did.  i got home and i took insulin and meds and saw Syd out the door and i went to my doctor for my echocardiogram.  i was drowsing badly on the table,but he got it done fairly quickly and then i came home.  i hadn't eaten.  i got texts from Syd, who shouldn't have been as she was in school, and i got a call from Marc, which was weird on a Monday morning.  i ate eggs and kielbasa and called Marc back.  then i went back to sleep.

i had a hard time getting started again, but i managed to.  i got onions and peppers chopped and put away, and got the turkey and duck into the tub of cold water to thaw.  they are going back into the cooler for now, where they'll stay until i'm ready to put them in storage with a rub tomorrow.  i am going to peel my potatoes, and i just boiled my macaroni.  i shredded the cheese earlier and i cleaned my greens.  i updated my website.  i added some people to my very new, very limited Facebook that is purely business.  and i am going to try to get to bed early so i can start it again tomorrow, should i be blessed with life.

i am sort of looking forward to having my parents and a lot of people over on thursday.  you think about the ramifications.  Natives are protesting a pipeline through their burial ground, they are being brutalized by law enforcement and treaties are going to be violated in order to allow this to happen.  but you will celebrate 'indians and pilgrims sitting down and breaking bread together'.  the american lie is a powerful tool.  knowing it is a burden, but it is also the future of my success and well being.  I thank Jehovah God for a good day and a busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment