Translate

Friday, November 18, 2016

...change gonna come...

well, this has been an up and down day, but only emotionally.  i actually feel pretty good now, but i've been kinda down most of the day.  but it helps to talk, it helps to do, and it helps to remember that i'm not commissioned to be in charge of one damn thing.  that's the deal, and i'm going to grab that deal.

i didn't hit the gym today, and my knee trying its best to take me down is a good reason, but it's not THE reason.  i didn't go because i was having some blues since last night, and i didn't deal well with them.  but considering my normal depression levels, i'm doing much better than i have historically.  i prayed, i read from scripture and meditation books.  i got Syd out the door, i got Mechanical Jesus submitted and i got the new cover for Old Lazarus uploaded.  i went to counseling.  it was a good session but it had some sadness as it started with someone dying and it ended with a three week hiatus between today and my next session.  but my counselor, knowing i have a sober anniversary coming up (it's so nice to be remembered) gave me a bag of Peet's Coffee, which is an excellent coffee,and i'm very touched and moved by the gift.

i came home and i sort of laid around, the blues still lingering.  my brother came before i got good and settled and i visited with him for a bit.  i had plans to clean but i put it off for quite a while.  i had lunch, which was so uneventful i can't remember what it was, and eventually i got up and started cleaning.  i got my bed made.  i talked to Rachel, and she's having some heavy blues as well, financial woes.  i have to get this company up and going.  i know the blessing is waiting for me.  i have the kitchen cleaned now, i have the bathroom cleaned and my bedroom is about as done as it needs to be.  i have to find the invitation to Bob's daughter's wedding.  i have to finish my living room and get things as ready for thursday as i can.  and i have to remember to remain grateful, because Jehovah has blessed me to the extent that i am able to appreciate what he has done for me, which can either be severely limited or abundantly limitless.  i think i'm going to be okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment