Translate

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

cooking

man, yesterday was as long a day as i've had in awhile, and i don't even think it was very detail-oriented.  but i didn't write, and i need to stay on top of things, so i'm logging now for yesterday.

i did get up, did get prayed and read and did crunches.  i did get to the gym.  i did have good numbers on my sugar.  i did take meds, did take insulin.  i did have breakfast.  i did eat far more responsibly than i truly want to, but i'm still saving it up for Thursday, and even then i don't see me going too crazy.  i want something now, and i'm willing to sacrifice what is necessary to get it.

i went to my parent's house, got some fruit for my turkey and got some pie pans, did a load of clothes and talked with my mom.  i went to the store before that and got odds and ends things that i still had on my list.  i went to lunch with Lonnie at the DeYor, had a cajun chicken salad and a bowl of sirloin potato soup.  both good.  i got chicken breasts to take home for dinner.

i worked on a piece of music but i didn't get it finished to my satisfaction yesterday.  i was running out of gas pretty quick, likely the results of not having time for a nap.  i got my greens in, glad they were cleaned ahead of time, but i forgot to cut them up and had to do it in the stock pot.  i got my pies done.  i had Syd and Joe bring over three folding chairs from my parent's house.  i talked to Rachel in the evening, after she finished her running for the day, and i hung on the phone with her until i started drifting off.

i woke this morning at my usual time but i did not get to the gym as planned.  my fault.  late night coffee wakes me up rough in the morning.  i will walk tomorrow morning.  i am working towards getting to my meeting now, so i will update tonight as i continue cooking.  i am grateful to Jehovah for friendship, as my friend CJ lost her eldest daughter this morning in St. Louis.  prayers for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment