Translate

Monday, November 28, 2016

moving meditations...

it's monday morning, well, just about monday afternoon now.  i've gotten off to a good start.  i woke on time, 8 solid hours of sleep, thank the stars.  i said my prayer, did my stretches and crunches and read my scriptures and meditation books.  i got up and had water and coffee and i got to the gym.  i set the treadmill but shorted myself 10 minutes, as i did half an hour but wanted 40 minutes.  but i was okay with that.  i came home, realized that Syd hadn't come in last night, and got myself ready for the day.  figure she told me she had a school to visit today and i've forgotten.  anyway, i got in, took meds (blood sugar was 130 this morning), went to breakfast with TW, an old friend from West.  talked about some old, catching up on life stuff.  then i came home and counted the donation money for the anniversary meeting.  i was about to head to the store when Adriene called and asked if i wanted to go to lunch and i thought that was rather serendipitous.  i then sent out some emails to coffee shops, left a message for the director of development at youngstown libraries and tried to find where i could list that i have new books for sale in the arts section of the vindicator.  i went to lunch with Adriene and found she is now involved and prospering, and that made me happy.  i told her about Rachel and my life up til now.  it's funny i spent the morning catching people up on the life i'm in the process of flying away from.  oh, well.
this evening i went to my parent's house.  i brought my mother some magazines she'd been asking me about and i talked to my dad about his speaking at our anniversary meeting on wednesday.  i did that after going to the store to get some of the things for the anniversary meeting, and changing in the change at my bank for paper bills.  i got hedge clippers so i could trim my rose bush from my dad and i got a pot to plant my avocado seedling from my mother.  i'd gotten potting soil from walmart.
i baked chicken for dinner and had a breast with greens and the last of the scalloped potatoes.  i talked to Rachel for a bit.  her depression is pretty bright, as far as being able to see it clearly.  i can't help but wonder why no one but me seems to point it out to her.  sometimes you need enough people to tell you that they see something for you to be willing to turn and take a look.  but that's just my opinion.  i've ordered the cake and chicken.  have to get more pop.  have to cook my greens tomorrow and get my mac and cheese ready for the oven.  got to get sanitizer, salt and pepper shakers, coffee, creamer and sweetener.  have to get a couple other things.  i am in the process of being ready for wednesday and i admit i'm getting excited somewhat.  i'm also looking forward to going to columbus this weekend.  i can't really afford it, but i really need a brief getaway.  and i can lay some groundwork while i'm there.  so, that's my day.  full and busy, and blessedly ended.  thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment