Translate

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

cruising speed

this has been a fairly interesting day.  it never really picked up speed, there was no lightning fast passing of any particular events, and i guess that's what made today's journey so interesting to me.
i woke up in discomfort.  gout was holding on to my left foot, not extreme amounts but enough to make me not want to move too fast.  i was up and in the living room before i actually got my prayer done.  once i did that i felt better.  I don't like starting the day any other way.  i had breakfast, and i got my plans underway.  i went to rent a steam cleaner for my couches and buy some solution for the upholstery.  i brought the thing home and i got my ass in gear to my meeting.  my plan was to go and clean my parent's furniture as well, but i'm going to do that tomorrow.  time kind of got away from me.
anyway, i set up the meeting, and the meeting was good.  i had an appointment with the funeral home people and i got there early and rested and wrote a poem before going in.  i decided to settle on cremation and got the paperwork done so i can get it started.  then i came home.
Syd and her friend were here and they brought me a gyro and some fries, which made me feel good.  we went out front and tore the couches apart, so that I can maybe just get someone to take a midnight run to a dumpster.  much easier to move now.  i grilled swordfish for Syd and her friend and I had the gyro and some of the fries.  i've cleaned my couches, and i'm about to clean the machine and get it ready to take to my parent's house tomorrow morning.
i say it was a cruise because of a couple of incidents.  one, i'd thought about my conversation with my father yesterday.  i sometimes don't tell my parents things about my life, depending on what they are and which parent, because of the degree of worry and/or static they bring to the situation. so i made the mistake of telling my father about the situation with the peer support classes and the quiz that was very late.  when i told him about helping miss SL, his response was i shouldn't have helped her, which pissed me off but i said nothing.  then he asked me if i checked with the woman who was kind enough to ask me to forward the email with my quizzes to her so she could have them graded for my certification, and I told him that she gave me her email address, i read it back to her, she confirmed it and i forwarded the email.  so, that was earlier yesterday, and today i got a call from someone there saying i passed the quiz.  as i was at the Iggle, getting the steam cleaner and checking on asparagus (made a great oven-roasted asparagus yesterday and thought about doing it again today) he called me to tell me i should make sure i take care of me before i take care of anyone else.  and i corrected him.  i told him that that is not what he would have done, and it's not what he or anyone else i respect taught me to do.  i told him he has to stop putting things like it's my fault, when i didn't do anything wrong, and helping a young black girl who needed help as the only other black person in our class is exactly the sort of thing he would have done, and definitely not something i was going to own as a 'wrong thing' to do.  and he acknowledged that I was right and he apologized.  i had no problem accepting his apology, but i want him to understand the world has changed.  his rules still apply, but only over a certain age, with people who are still practitioners of that particular philosophy.  my world has changed drastically and adjusting to it is hard enough without being corrected for things i've not done wrong.  i think there was something else, but i can't remember exactly what that was now, so that's enough.  thank you, Father, for letting me talk to my father.  and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment