Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

,,,end of the day...

the day is closing now.  it's been a rough but fulfilling sort of day.  it has had some very pronounced lows, and some significant ups.  and i think i killed a bluebird, so there's that also.

from where i left off earlier, i took Syd and LZ to the doctor (10lbs, 9oz, and a booster shot), and i got some fish tacos and went back to work.  the end of the day was fine, no incidents today (yesterday, when i was letting my interesting and strange client off the bus, he threw a brick and a gas can at the bus, having been angered, and possibly triggered by me, en route by me asking if he were dismantling the bus).  i got the bus filled up for tomorrow, got my paperwork put away and went to my parent's house to see what was going on with my mom unable to access her bank account and see about borrowing her car on Friday to go to Columbus.  after that, i went to Sav-a-Lot and came home, made myself some dinner, put dishes away and ate.  now i'm pondering the reality of going to shave and shower, get my ass in gear for starting the work day tomorrow.  i need to get a load of clothes done, need to get to my meeting, need to gather things for Friday.  i'm definitely going; already have my room reserved, and i guess i can rent a car if i have to.  but i don't want to do that.  bad enough going to my former home city to a hotel room, but in a rental car?  that would be a business trip, or something shady in a strange city.  but i guess in it's own way Columbus is a strange city now. 

funny to think summer is going to wind down soon.  winter will come.  the snow will fall, and this year i'll be a driver, not an aide. i'll be more responsible for safety and care.  but it's just phases of existence, isn't it?  tomorrow will be a new day, a new month, and the hint of the new season will be prevalent through both summer's tenacity and the shortening of daylight.  and most will be completely oblivious until it's obvious that summer is gone.  should i be the one thinking about it?  should anyone?

i thank my God and Creator for the day, for the cessation of pain and for my friend having a better day.  and i ask for intervention on behalf of LH as she is now in the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment