Translate

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

changing times

i can tell you this:  i never asked to be around this long.  but i'm glad that i have been. 

there are some things that i'm going to be dealing with soon, that i'm going to try to keep up with here on my Journey.  if i don't, i'll have to play catch up later, but for now, suffice it to say i am doing what i can in this boiling weather, and though i'm not complaining much, it is trying, very much so. 

so this morning i got up but slowly, as we didn't have work today, being the Colonist's Independence day today.  so i got up, i said my prayer and made my way into the kitchen.  i read my stuff and took my stuff and i made my breakfast and ate and did a load of clothes and showered and shaved and got stuff cooked and prepared for my dinner today.  i gathered up things and got in my car and went to my parent's house to check on them.

my mom has not been focusing very well lately.  she seems as if she's struggling to stay on point, and i don't know if that's really a 'bad' thing, as she is getting up there in age, but i don't mind it for the most part, as it is the thing she does now.  i made sure the cable and internet were on, reset the living room tv, sliced a beef roast she made into the gravy she made yesterday,  took a nap and then headed over to the noon CA meeting.

the meeting was cool, we ate some lunch that we'd brought for the so-called holiday and then i came home.  i got my grill together and cooked my own dinner, i've eaten, i've nodded in front of the television and i am about to run a bath and get the fresh smell of smoke off of me.  i'll likely toss and turn for another night, and then it's back to the grind tomorrow. 

i called my urologist, i'll be getting a letter with the date and time for my prostate biopsy.  it's time to get it done.  LZ made it safely into the world, and Syd is okay at the moment.  i just wanted to unattach one event from the other, no need for any dark clouds on the horizon of Syd's becoming a mother.

i'm very tired, weary and drained.  i've got a lot of things that i still need to take care of, but if i can get the bath in (or not; morning shower may just be calling me), then i'll consider myself ahead of the curve.  regardless, i'm feeling good, and i'm getting some stuff done.  i am blessed, and i'm grateful to Jehovah for the awareness of that blessing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment