Translate

Monday, July 23, 2018

Staticky

wow.  what a day, what a day.  i can't even call it a bad day, it was just...a day.

i'm glad it's over, that much i can say with assurance.

not much to report.  i got up earlier than i wanted to, about 330 in the am.  i got coffee heating about an hour earlier than that, i said my prayer and got my ass moving before the alarm, taking my insulin and  medicine and reading my books.  i ate the other half of my stromboli for breakfast.  i got out the house early, wanting to get in in time to do my pre-check on my new bus and to relax my spirit before i rolled out.

truth is, i wasn't prepared.  there is no way to be prepared for something you don't know.  you can try to prepare for everything, but that is impossible.  what i can say is, i left on time, got to the new house on time.  the client was running late getting to the bus, and that threw off everything else.  but it wasn't completely on him.  i hadn't taken into consideration that if he was in a wheelchair, i'd have to make adjustments as to the positioning of his security hooks on the floor of the van, and while i got him secured down, i couldn't fasten his seat belt, so i had to take hooks off, take one out of the track, reposition him, get him secured down and seat belted, and then we were off.  late, but off.  we got everyone, late, and we got to the workshop.

i saw my mom between runs, made she and my dad breakfast sandwiches, had a nice talk with her.  left her a sandwich that i'd prepared for my lunch before i changed my mind and my appetite.  went back to work, talked to Lonnie for a spell before i finished out the work day.  it also took longer than it should have, and i realize this is going to be a monkey wrench in my taut schedule, but that's going to have to be all right.  it was a guesstimate, at best, and if it proves inaccurate, there will need to be an adjustment.  but that's just how that cookie crumbles, right?

i've had dinner.  i talked with my friend/sponsee about not calling.  i'm sure i made her feel bad, but i didn't want her to think it's okay to isolate in your own head, you have to come out, or at the very least you have to let some folks in to see how you're doing from time to time.  now i'm going to log in the Dining Room, and shut this shit down for the night.  i'm grateful to God for another day drawing to it's closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment