Translate

Monday, June 13, 2016

Together Breakfast

so, this was a sad day.  but it was a good day, and the tears were the truth, and the revelations were just a sunrise on an ever-approaching horizon.  i'll live through it.

i got up with prayer, moving slowly.  i didn't get to the gym.  i had eggs and bacon for breakfast, and i had my insulin and medicine.  i ate pretty good until this evening, in fact.  i laid around and then went to my uncle Tommy's funeral at the church.  mostly i sat talking with my brother Rob, and i went in eventually to sit in a pew and be a part of.  easier for me than it is for Rob.  i saw a lot of family that i've not seen in a while, both locally and abroad.  it made me happy to see my uncle Howard.  he was one who was exiled from most of the bullshit going on up here, but he's had some health problems and i think he feels the same as i do.  the nonsense has cost him time with a brother who died, and i guess maybe he doesn't want it to cost him any more.  i'm speculating here.  it was nice, but i didn't stay for the whole thing.  i tried to talk to an aunt, but she was still in the same bullshit zone so i just went home.  i hung here, went to the store to get a few things, and i watched some television, made dinner and got prep stuff done for tomorrow.

i talked to my brothers who are here, Jerry of course, and Rob and Ryan, the younger brothers, and we're planning on having breakfast together.  Rob is leaving tomorrow, and it seems that we see each other during bad times, and it would be nice to just break bread before more chaos ensues.  Rob says it doesn't have to be bad time sightings, and he's right of course, but that doesn't mean that it will be good time gatherings.  to wit, the eldest brother, Rick, isn't here, and if he was, i doubt if i would have issued an invitation for breakfast to any of my brothers.  baby with the bathwater kind of thing.  but, i'm changing.  i know i am.  and perhaps one day soon, as Peter Gabriel says in 'washing of the water', i'll take those hooks out of me and i'll take out the hooks that i've sunk deep in his side'.  anything is possible.

my uncle is not hurting anymore.  there is another hole in my family.  and we're having breakfast tomorrow, my brothers and i.  thank you, Father, for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment