Translate

Sunday, June 26, 2016

simmer

found this to be a very slow moving day.  i don't have a lot to add today, about to put it down, so i can hit the gym in the morning.
i got up and prayed this morning, feeling pretty good.  it had been a strange conclusion to yesterday, with Rachel coming by but us being a bit subdued when she left.  stopping by Lonnie's was also a bit off the beaten path for me, and that makes me sad, as it used to be a pretty commonplace thing.  regardless, i got up with prayer, got pretty much right to work.
fixed the excerpt that Rachel did, and got a video made for it, and i extracted the audio that Lynn emailed to me and did the adjustments and additions to the vocals.  put some traffic and some crowd noise muted behind her and left it at that, simple and discernible.  i had breakfast, a sausage and egg on toast sandwich, and i got ready for my meeting once i got done with my work.
the meeting was smallish but it was productive.  we got a chapter done, good discussion though not from many people, and we had a home group meeting, a decision to have a cookout at our meeting in august.  i went to see my parents after the meeting and then came home.  stopped and got a sandwich & chicken nuggets from McD's and prepped my stuff for dinner.
no tv today, not much music.  talked to Rachel in the am but she was cutting grass and mad about it.  texted and called her in the pm but no answer.  she called back as i was grilling chicken and the last of my fiesta steaks (cube steak things with peppers and onions in the pre-made patties). a pan fried potato with onions and a salad rounded out my dinner.  i washed dishes, already had coffee prepped for the morning and now i'm in bed fucking around on the computer.  i know the people who are helping me are doing quite a bit, and i can't quite bring myself to just tag a bunch of folks again.  i have to keep the faith, doors are opening and if this is not the door to go through, the right door will be made manifest to me soon enough.  i'm just thankful for the blessing.  it is hot, i am simmering, and thank you Father, i'm shutting it down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment