Translate

Sunday, June 19, 2016

strange changes

i missed yesterday, i didn't mean to.  think the returning of my brother to cleveland to catch his plane just threw me off, or that's the excuse i'm going with.  but any way it goes, i'm going to get back to the daily.

this is sunday, and it's father's day.  i'm not a holiday type, but for some reason, being mostly ignored by my children today makes me really sad.  or at least bitter and angry.

i prayed, got up, had a frittata for breakfast, and biscuits that i baked too long.  i went back to bed and read and slept and read and slept.  my brother called me and i told him happy father's day and that i wasn't getting our father a card, that i was feeling sort of out of it, which he then proceeded to tell my mother.  i don't know why he does that but i'm not going to speak on it.  he has his reasons, and he's the eldest, so we'll see where it goes.

i went to my meeting.  Matt didn't show up.  we talked earlier in the week.  he said he'd been using and i suggested he needed to step down as secretary.  i don't know if that has something to do with him not showing.  i almost left before they got started.  i'm not taking on that position again.  i won't do it.  i'm going to let them work this one out.

i went to walmart and got stuff for dinner.  salmon patties i made, with a dill parmesan sauce.  i made sauteed asparagus with mushrooms and a baked potato.  bought myself some chocolate cake.  my father's day to me.  got a text from Syd about 11 this morning, nothing from Deja.  occurred to me, my children are in Columbus, with their mother, on Father's day.  but i don't celebrate, but i feel neglected.  getting old, is all.

i'm going to the gym tomorrow.  i'm going to lay back and chill.  i'm going to see what there is to see in the course of the day.  i hope Rachel calls.  she's had a hectic two days, by her last text.  life will go on.  thank you, Jehovah, for showing me the foolishness of my reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment