Translate

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Home

i made it safely back this afternoon.  the ride in was a bit more stressful than the ride there, but that's okay.  life goes on, doesn't it?

i got up early as usual, but i didn't walk today.  said my prayers and got some coffee.  took insulin and meds and waited for De'ja to get up.  we talked for a few, then i loaded up my car and went east to Keith and Ronda's.  he was on a bus to a church in Detroit.  i went there anyway, Ronda made me breakfast and we talked.  i tried to tell her that she has to let go of the bad feelings she's been carrying, but mostly i just thanked her because she was very, very important to Syd's early life, and if it hadn't been for her i'm sure Syd would not have done even as well as she has.  i told her she's welcome to come here, and she won't, but i had to let her know how important she is.  just making sure no words go unsaid.
an acquaintance from high school apparently died yesterday.  saw it on Facebook.  her name is Davene Smith.  she wasn't a friend.  she was an arrogant broad in high school and she was sort of a bitch as a grown woman.  she cost me a doctor, as she was the receptionist in his office and she didn't do a very good job of it.  pseudo-nepotism.  anyway, she was only a couple years older than me, and she graduated the year before me, and she's dead now.  i don't know how.  i know she was developing her own catering business, i know that she was starting to get some local attention for that.  dreams don't keep you alive.  dreams have to be harvested as quickly as anything else, because life is not promised.  i'm sorry she died, and i hope i learn what happened to her.

i went to my uncles service today at Washington's funeral home.  it was sad and annoying.  getting old is beginning to wear on me.  i have practically no patience left.  but i held my uncle's hand and said good bye.  i hugged my aunt and my two cousins.  i spoke with my relatives and some people from the Kingdom hall and some people i knew from elsewhere.  saw an aunt i'd not seen in a long, long time.  and i came home.  i was tired, i haven't slept thoroughly in days and i have a lot of work to do tomorrow.  but i made it home.  i saw friends i wanted to see.  i saw my son, looked into his eyes and am comfortable he is doing okay, if not well.  i saw Patrice, whom i've not seen in some years.  i was fed and housed.  and i made some book sales.  i can't complain and i won't.  i'm going to try to hit the gym in the morning.  that would be good.  thank you, Jehovah, for watching over my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment