Translate

Thursday, June 9, 2016

leaving tomorrow

i've been a bit off track lately.  i need to rectify that.

i got up today and, after prayer, got to the gym.  i worked weights and the treadmill, not extensively but i got it in.  i came home, had an omelet and grits and took meds and insulin.  pretty sure the ham in my omelet was bad, never mind why i think so.
i went to my aunt's house, saw my cousin TJ, which is his nickname.  his mom was asleep, exhausted i'm sure.  i talked with him for a bit, then some folks came in and i left.  i went to my mother's house and saw her and my dad, and i washed a load of clothes.  i went to get my mom and i lunch and i took her food to her and came home and ate.
the girl in the apartment behind mine asked if she could cut the grass, as they're cooking out this weekend.  i got gas for the mower and let her cut the grass.  i gave her a flyer and asked her to speak to her contacts and ask them to vote for me.
i got my bag mostly packed, i had the other half of yesterday's chicken sandwich and a small bowl of potato soup for dinner.  i went by Rachel's (R) and got a present she had for me:  a wolf picture with a saying on it that i haven't read yet.  and a bag of Emerill's dark roast coffee.  it is very nice to be thought of.
i brought Syd some food home and again reiterated the need for her to be a participant in the needs of the house, a giver and not just a taker.  i only have to pack my briefcase, put my chrome book and my info packets into it and after i see VF tomorrow i'm on the road to Columbus.  i'll pick up the books i ordered, see what there is to see and get my ass gone.  that's the bottom line.
i miss my uncle, and i'm a hypocrite, even now.  i don't like that part of myself very much.  i need to say that, because i see it in me and my mother and my family, but if i see it in me, it keeps me from playing God.  thank you, Father, for keeping me mindful of the fact that I am not YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment